Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 03:20 PM

421 posts, read 237,549 times

Advertisements

Do you want to marry a liar who hasn't let go of the past?

I don't know about her, but if she has all the other qualities you mention, maybe she is the one for you. Only you can decide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2019, 03:31 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchest77 View Post

I would work this out with her, but considering our toxic history with our personalities when it comes to stress just doesn't mesh well in addition. I'm more easy going and she can be on edge or worried most of the time. And now this garbage with her ex. I am sure they are nothing more than friends, but the fact that she told me she ended talking to him but apparently hasn't, or could have possibly done this "one-off" helping his mother, which I doubt.
Sounds like you decided to break up after all.

What's also apparent is that you view yourself as the calm and rational one:

Quote:

... my ability to not be so responsive to it).

I do not overreact, I am sensitive, but I am understanding, and she knows this since this is the way I have always been.

I'm not an angry person and don't blow up at things ect, and am easy to talk to.

I don't have a bad temper, my attitude is usually positive, and I am a patient and easy going person.

I'm more easy going and she can be on edge or worried most of the time.

I'm not abusive and I did raise my voice but not screaming and I said I was not happy at all with this, that what happens sometimes when someone gets you angry.

I have not talked to her about this, and when I do I will not be screaming, but I will be hurt, angry, and disappointed.
and she's the nutcase.

The only thing this explanation makes any clearer is that equate being calm to being the right and healthy way to deal with stuff, and yet for some reason your GF still does not feel comfortable telling you the truth. That doesn't make sense.

Yeah, it could just be her anxiety, but it shouldn't take you FOUR YEARS to figure that out.

She should be used to and comfortable enough with you to NOT feel like she has to lie to you. Or else she is just so far gone that she can't deal with your rationally at all.

Also, the ex stuff is something else you two should have resolved by now. You see exes as completely in the past. Does she know that? What kind of help is she giving her ex's mom? Why does that matter SO much to her that she would jeopardize your engagement to handle it?

It sounds like enough time to figure out that you two aren't a match.

Old 07-21-2019, 03:32 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,373,059 times
Quote:
Been together with fiance for 4 years, we've been living together and engaged for 3 years, I'm a 42yr old male and shes a 40yr old female. I just caught her lying for a second time. This time she said she was at her parents but she was actually was helping her ex-boy friends mother find a new home. !
Do you need to know where she is at all times?

Helping her ex-boyfriend's mother doesn't mean she is still seeing the man.

Old 07-21-2019, 04:54 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Yeah, that's a given for most people. The point is they shouldn't have gotten engaged in the first place.

That's not even close to the worst of the issues they need to sort out.
But at least he is thinking about leaving the relationship now....so....what's done is done. He is already engaged......now he needs to think long & hard if he should stay engaged. He says he doesn't trust her....so why on earth would he try to sort anything out? Lacking trust is usually not repairable, at least not quickly......so why on earth would he stay?

Old 07-21-2019, 04:56 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,441,486 times
I think you’re overreacting. You’ve already said she avoids telling you things because she fears what you’ll say or do.

Seems like you’re looking for an excuse to kick her to the curb.

Old 07-21-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
But at least he is thinking about leaving the relationship now....so....what's done is done. He is already engaged......now he needs to think long & hard if he should stay engaged. He says he doesn't trust her....so why on earth would he try to sort anything out? Lacking trust is usually not repairable, at least not quickly......so why on earth would he stay?
Right? So why would he need to think long and hard about it?

Looks like he's already made up his mind.

Old 07-21-2019, 05:57 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,448,003 times
I wouldn’t want around for strike three no matter “why” the lies are happening.
nothing good can breed from that, just more of the same.

Old 07-21-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Right? So why would he need to think long and hard about it?

Looks like he's already made up his mind.
I didn't see where he had made up his mind....he is staying?...(But I didn't read all of the thread).

Old 07-21-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
I wouldn’t want around for strike three no matter “why” the lies are happening.
nothing good can breed from that, just more of the same.
Ita with this....no trust, there should be no relationship!

Old 07-21-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I didn't see where he had made up his mind....he is staying?...(But I didn't read all of the thread).
Doesn't sound like he's staying.

Reading the whole thread makes your replies better. He did post a long follow-up today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships