Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 08:15 AM

1,248 posts, read 825,635 times

Advertisements

Some of the posts on this forum are perfect examples of "drama" and why it isn't desirable..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2019, 08:23 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Of course he can't put it down in detail, but saying "No drama" is going to scare away some women who he would find good because the definition is so broad.

Years ago, a wise male friend of mine told me to write a dating profile that was general, unspecific and happy/positive, and that I would attract EVERY kind of male, because I would just look like a cute happy woman and all men like that. And then after they come (to my inbox), I can weed out the ones that don't fit my specific criteria. So that is what I did and it worked. I believe men should do the same. Don't write what you don't want, be positive and filter later. I don't think men get hundreds of messages from women to filter through anyway, so they should take this approach. I'm talking about single men here. I believe you are married.
I definitely agree with that: write what you want not what you’re trying to avoid. People who are into drama usually are in denial or completely oblivious to how unpleasant they are to be around. It’s not like anyone is going to read a profile and say, “here’s a match! Oh wait, no drama. Well, that’s me, so...”

So despite believing “drama” is generally more understood on a profile than not, I do agree it’s pointless to include it.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:40 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I definitely agree with that: write what you want not what you’re trying to avoid. People who are into drama usually are in denial or completely oblivious to how unpleasant they are to be around. It’s not like anyone is going to read a profile and say, “here’s a match! Oh wait, no drama. Well, that’s me, so...”

So despite believing “drama” is generally more understood on a profile than not, I do agree it’s pointless to include it.

Actually, I think most women age 30+ will think she has some drama and will deselect herself. Again because the definition of drama is so broad.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:40 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
I don’t know about men but usually any woman I know who I’ve heard say they don’t want drama are the ones who always looks for it and have it in relationships lol

Old 07-21-2019, 08:43 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,036,561 times
Quote:
I’m talking about DATING PROFILES.

The fantasy of the “No drama” relationship.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/20/o...pid-drama.html
Hell, if I had a dime for every profile that stated that...also I could stack a whole LIST of commonly said thing in dating profiles.

"Life's too short to sweat the small stuff"

"Looking for my partner in crime"

"I love to laugh" (Honestly, has anyone ever stated in a profile that they dislike laughing?).

"Must not be hung up on their ex"

"Looking for a nice guy!"

"Where are all the nice guys?!"

(The 90s profile) "Dance like no one's watching!"

I could go on...but those are the few that come to mind. LOL

The thing is though, women are just as bad at writing the "No drama" thing in their profiles.

All in all, it's negativity in the profile. I'd seen full paragraph rants about the opposite sex in their profile.

Another one, "Well, I"m trying this again...didn't have much luck before, so now giving it another shot"

Yeah, that sounded enthusiastic. :P

Old 07-21-2019, 08:43 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I don’t know about men but usually any woman I know who I’ve heard say they don’t want drama are the ones who always looks for it and have it in relationships lol

I'm middle-aged, so like the author said, when I hear middle-age men say "no drama", my first thought is that he's had a lot of drama in his recent past.... And maybe still dealing with it.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:45 AM

1,210 posts, read 889,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
If you see wine bottles and cat bowls: RUN.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:47 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,036,561 times
Quote:

Years ago, a wise male friend of mine told me to write a dating profile that was general, unspecific and happy/positive, and that I would attract EVERY kind of male, because I would just look like a cute happy woman and all men like that. And then after they come (to my inbox), I can weed out the ones that don't fit my specific criteria. So that is what I did and it worked. I believe men should do the same. Don't write what you don't want, be positive and filter later. I don't think men get hundreds of messages from women to filter through anyway, so they should take this approach. I'm talking about single men here. I believe you are married.
100% on this. Although, it may be considered a boring profile by those who would give you pointers on how to IMPROVE your profile. I find it best to keep it like you stated, srjth.

I keep mines rather ordinary, but when I send my initial email, I get more specific. I put more emphasis on my email message than my profile write-up.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:47 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
If find a correlation between those calling for no drama, to be the direct producer of the drama. Those who’s actions cause drama in reaction.
Cheater, liar, addict, felon.

ETA: The one person I did meet who’s profile included: “No Drama Please”, revealed at the end of the night that he had recently been in prison. I guess that’s where he gets these images of dramatic women, probably their response to that.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:50 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,697,086 times
I'd think the no drama deal would refer to head games
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships