Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 08:14 PM

126 posts, read 49,198 times

Advertisements

I am 40, in great shape and full of energy, but it seems that men are not attracted to me. It’s been four years of no dates and no sex. I love to the travel, go to movies, festivals, outings, concerts, museums, and lots of fun stuff. I have a successful professional career, good health and I am very passionate about many issues like the environment and social justice movements. I tried online dating at eharmony for six months but didn’t meet anyone. Actually zero conversations from it. Sometimes I think it’s gonna be like this forever. I mean not even a coffee date in 4 years is a long time. It seems like all men around have no interest in anything whatsoever. Actually it is very rare to even see single men going to the places and activities that I like, like hiking, the beach, festivals, etc.. I always read that men are attracted to confident, talented, independent women with their own life and interests, but, I don’t know, I am that woman and no guy seems to ever notice me anywhere.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:16 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilliampr View Post
I am 40, in great shape and full of energy, but it seems that men are not attracted to me. It’s been four years of no dates and no sex. I love to the travel, go to movies, festivals, outings, concerts, museums, and lots of fun stuff. I have a successful professional career, good health and I am very passionate about many issues like the environment and social justice movements. I tried online dating at eharmony for six months but didn’t meet anyone. Actually zero conversations from it. Sometimes I think it’s gonna be like this forever. I mean not even a coffee date in 4 years is a long time. It seems like all men around have no interest in anything whatsoever. Actually it is very rare to even see single men going to the places and activities that I like, like hiking, the beach, festivals, etc.. I always read that men are attracted to confident, talented, independent women with their own life and interests, but, I don’t know, I am that woman and no guy seems to ever notice me anywhere.
Sorry to hear that.

What do you think is the reason? Really?

Old 07-22-2019, 08:19 PM

1,210 posts, read 887,776 times
Quote:
Your post sounds hard to believe. It really does. You sound very attractive. I don't get it either.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:22 PM

1,153 posts, read 566,739 times
Quote:
I am very passionate about many issues like the environment and social justice movements.
Hope this doesn't come across as nitpicky, but just wanted to check you aren't browbeating potential dates with the issues you're passionate about e.g. on your dating profile. E.g. I briefly dated someone who was obsessed with their pet cause that I was not interested in and seemed to enjoy preaching & making others feel guilty for not being involved. That sort of energy can put people off straight away.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:50 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Do you have any friends you could talk to about this issue? They could tell you whats wrong better than we can.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:52 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times
Quote:
What festivals?

Also in the current culture it’s more complicated than ever to approach for a man to approach a woman that he has no connection to. You can always express interest in a guy if you meet him (two way street).

Old 07-22-2019, 09:01 PM

3,642 posts, read 1,596,995 times
Quote:

There's your reason. Just do three things.

1 Continue to stay in shape and look your best.

2 Then hang around where single men are. Not usually the places you mentioned.

3 Be approachable. Wherever your are, don't be on your phone and looking occupied. Look around, make eye contact, smile and look away.

I think best place to meet people is in a group activity doing something you really want to do, or want to learn. Could be a study class, workshop, gym, etc. It's something you really enjoy and have real interest in. That's why you are there. You are not looking for dates. You are looking to meet people and share an activity. Looking for men to date online is time consuming and frustrating because you are not doing an activity you love. Do an activity you love (in a group), and then meet people there doing the same.

Old 07-22-2019, 10:25 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
I would look for dating services that are specifically geared towards people over 40. Also consider joining a book club or meetup group through yahoo.

Old 07-23-2019, 04:35 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Hope this doesn't come across as nitpicky, but just wanted to check you aren't browbeating potential dates with the issues you're passionate about e.g. on your dating profile. E.g. I briefly dated someone who was obsessed with their pet cause that I was not interested in and seemed to enjoy preaching & making others feel guilty for not being involved. That sort of energy can put people off straight away.
Bingo.

This is what pops out at me from the message and is not nitpicky at all. I personally would run from SJW and "climate change" passion.

Old 07-23-2019, 05:04 AM

7,179 posts, read 9,306,900 times
OP: Perhaps you have a blind spot, i.e. you see yourself differently from how you are seen by others. Look here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johari_window

Perhaps you could learn more about yourself by seeking help from a professional psychologist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships