Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 05:09 PM

10,337 posts, read 5,823,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
And Heaven forbid we do, and the man still insists and won't let up. It happens a lot.

We all have our own experiences, but those individual experiences don't make them universal facts.
Well no, lets do the universal all-women all-men thing, since several warnings aren't enough.

Here's me: All men suggest a second date when the first didn't go so well and I wasn't really feeling any attraction. I tried to be polite and say I had a good time, I may even text when I get home and say thanks. All men ask when we can do it again, and if I politely tell them I didn't feel that kind of a connection, and it probably wouldn't work out, they pounce on "probably" and advise me it would be best to give it another shot. All men have no way of deciphering whether a woman was attracted to them or not. All men can't take no for an answer even if the conversation ends with a blunt:"no." All men call back later when they've been drinking even when I'm at work and announce: "I'M THE CAPTAIN OF THIS SHIP AND IF I LIKE COUNTRY MUSIC WE WILL LISTEN TO IT EVERY TIME."

See? That's why all women ghost. Quit doing that.

Before the date ghosting?
O.K.-- All men ask for more pictures. We say, there are pictures on our profile. All men ask for more revealing pictures. We say maybe after we meet them. Maybe. All men send dicpics if we're still having the conversation. All women ghost after that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 05:55 PM

4,033 posts, read 2,688,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Well no, lets do the universal all-women all-men thing, since several warnings aren't enough.

Here's me: All men suggest a second date when the first didn't go so well and I wasn't really feeling any attraction. I tried to be polite and say I had a good time, I may even text when I get home and say thanks. All men ask when we can do it again, and if I politely tell them I didn't feel that kind of a connection, and it probably wouldn't work out, they pounce on "probably" and advise me it would be best to give it another shot. All men have no way of deciphering whether a woman was attracted to them or not. All men can't take no for an answer even if the conversation ends with a blunt:"no." All men call back later when they've been drinking even when I'm at work and announce: "I'M THE CAPTAIN OF THIS SHIP AND IF I LIKE COUNTRY MUSIC WE WILL LISTEN TO IT EVERY TIME."

See? That's why all women ghost. Quit doing that.

Before the date ghosting?
O.K.-- All men ask for more pictures. We say, there are pictures on our profile. All men ask for more revealing pictures. We say maybe after we meet them. Maybe. All men send dicpics if we're still having the conversation. All women ghost after that.
And since most of your experiences match quite a few of MY experiences, then all of them MUST be FACT.

THE UNIVERSAL TRUTH. PERIOD.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:21 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,129,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
I think it's very convenient for women to deny that women ghost more, play hard to get, or demand to be chased. All of that is deeply ingrained in the dating culture. There is no reason for women to do any of this. I also think it is convenient for some of you on this thread to set up a man vs woman narrative when that was not what I was doing. The OP is a woman and asked why a man was doing this. I tried offering up a possible explanation. They set the stage for a male/female dynamic.

Heaven forbid you take 30 seconds of your time to tell the guy that you aren't feeling it.
Having been on the other side of this many, many times, where the guy starts with wanting explanations for "why" down to being full on verbally accosted, I can honestly say, you are completely full of ****.

Old 08-02-2019, 10:14 PM

6 posts, read 2,187 times
If guys on dating sites seem desperate it's because they are desperate.
Men that have a shred of self-respect don't beg for dates on the internet.

Old 08-03-2019, 04:20 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,459,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny970 View Post
Too late. I lost my self respect, when I went to KFC ordered a small family meal, and sat down right there in restaurant and ate it all myself. A self-respecting glut would have pigged out in car or took it home.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny970 View Post
No they do not beg. But they do use online dating. I am talking to a super nice guy right now who mentioned that I should take my time and he does not have any expectations about how quickly I respond or anything because he knows what a nightmare on line dating can be for women. We are talking at my speed. Makes me feel very comfortable and quite happy.

Old 08-03-2019, 06:04 AM

3,205 posts, read 3,477,111 times
See, if you've said goodbye or offered an explanation and they keep going, it's no longer ghosting. That's ridiculous. I've never blown up on anyone, but I'm still ghosted after dishing out $160. That's not fair. Receiving annoying messages is not the same as being assaulted.

Old 08-03-2019, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
See, if you've said goodbye or offered an explanation and they keep going, it's no longer ghosting. That's ridiculous. I've never blown up on anyone, but I'm still ghosted after dishing out $160. That's not fair. Receiving annoying messages is not the same as being assaulted.
Don't dish out $160. I am kind of surprised that this is still a thing. I have never encountered a date that 1) even insisted on paying 2) failed to suggest dates that were economically feasible for them.

Old 08-03-2019, 06:42 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,014,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Don't dish out $160. I am kind of surprised that this is still a thing. I have never encountered a date that 1) even insisted on paying 2) failed to suggest dates that were economically feasible for them.
I'm trying to figure in what world does someone spend $160 on a meal? I never have. At the very most it was around 50-ish dollars. Unless you're dining at the same restaurants Hollywood celebs dine, then that's near impossible.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:48 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,668,920 times
Been there done that. Burned the T-shirt. OLD.

I met this latest husband on OLD. It has turned out to be a bad marriage. He is Aspergers, but he was able to mask it well.

I feel OLD has changed the whole culture of dating. ANY dating. Now potential dates are also viewed through those OLD rose colored glasses.

I deleted my dating profile in 2008. I had only kept it up to keep in touch with the friends I met there.
When this marriage is finally finished in divorce, I will no longer date. I had waited 9 years for this one. No more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships