Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 07:07 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by At Arms Length View Post
Re: The poll, I think you're misconstruing it. The question in that poll was what people wanted in a partner. I.e., the other person needs to be seen as a partner first. There needs to be a baseline of attraction that makes a romantic relationship possible. The categories might as well be "potential lovers" and "non-potential lovers," from either of which friendship is possible, and then the certain percentage of women that you're citing look for lovers that they can also be good friends with.
Well, that certainly wasn't the intent of the poll.

It was stated the 'friends option', looks would be variable, which we both know what that means ...

I'll be honest, I have my doubts about the results too.

In terms of your comment on age, it sure as hell doesn't get better in your 40s. Even more people will be taken, and you'll have definitely lost something off however attractive you are now...

Old 08-02-2019, 07:37 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I don’t think compatibility is a huge problem I’m a pretty easy going flexible person. My bigger problem aside from attraction is connecting with someone. That really doesnt happen easily for me. I get along with just about everyone I meet and it’s not that I’m a hermit or not social at all (aside from being a little shy) but there’s only a few people in my life I have a strong connection with and am extremely close to. I don’t bare my soul or get deep wurh many people. I have tons of acquaintances but maybe 4 or 5 real close friends.

It’s why as much as she has issues I was so attatched to my friend. We have an amazing a connection she’s beautiful she’s physically attracted to me but won’t date me for certain reasons.
She's probably not physically attracted to you. Or she may be physically attracted to you, but not attracted to you in other ways.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:50 PM

1,153 posts, read 567,574 times
Quote:
That must be very disheartening. I'm sorry you're going through it. Hopefully actually THROUGH it, meaning there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
Would be good to meet someone nocturnal at some point or just someone who is really easy going and likes me enough to not be bothered by it.

I am shortly moving to Spain permanently which is a more nocturnal culture than where I am currently.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:57 PM

JBT you made it sound like no woman has ever liked you or looked at you! If your friend is genuinely attracted to you but chooses not to pursue it for other reasons, then your situation can't be that hopeless

Old 08-02-2019, 08:01 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
She's probably not physically attracted to you. Or she may be physically attracted to you, but not attracted to you in other ways.
Ehh she’s told me I’m cute a few times and while that could be just too be nice she told my friends girlfriend that she was sexually attracted to me and I don’t see what reason she’d make that up to her for.

As far as not being attracted to me in other ways I can’t answer that only she can. The dude she’s with now is no looker and weird as hell but he has money and she’s with him because she’s paying for her daughter to go to college starting next year and needs is low on money because if it

Old 08-02-2019, 08:09 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
JBT you made it sound like no woman has ever liked you or looked at you! If your friend is genuinely attracted to you but chooses not to pursue it for other reasons, then your situation can't be that hopeless
Well at least that’s her excuse that it’s because I’m kinda friends with her ex husband still. I’m met her through him.

I’ve had about 3 women I’ve known initiating making out with me including her but they were all drunk so i don’t think it really counts

Old 08-02-2019, 09:10 PM

1,593 posts, read 776,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Well at least that’s her excuse that it’s because I’m kinda friends with her ex husband still. I’m met her through him.

I’ve had about 3 women I’ve known initiating making out with me including her but they were all drunk so i don’t think it really counts
Puts you ahead of me. Must be that five year headstart you have on me.

Old 08-02-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Well, that certainly wasn't the intent of the poll.

It was stated the 'friends option', looks would be variable, which we both know what that means ...

I'll be honest, I have my doubts about the results too.

In terms of your comment on age, it sure as hell doesn't get better in your 40s. Even more people will be taken, and you'll have definitely lost something off however attractive you are now...
Lookit. The poll option meant that you value your lover’s ability to be a bosom companion to you, rather than a provider/dream specimen/solid rearing partner. 60% of people want their lovers to be friends also. Not, 60% want their friends to be lovers. We all know what it means when a love interest says “Aww, you’re such a great friend!”

Old 08-02-2019, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Would be good to meet someone nocturnal at some point or just someone who is really easy going and likes me enough to not be bothered by it.

I am shortly moving to Spain permanently which is a more nocturnal culture than where I am currently.
Best of luck to you there. Is your condition treatable? I’ve never heard of it.

Old 08-02-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Best of luck to you there. Is your condition treatable? I’ve never heard of it.
Thanks.

It only responds to sleeping pills or cannabis but doctors where I live won't prescribe sleeping pills more than one time as they can be addictive and I don't know anyone who can supply me with the right strain of cannabis, plus it's not legal where I live. Maybe I should be moving to Colorado instead of Spain. Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships