Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 06:55 AM

171 posts, read 79,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
If we're talking about serious dating, I think it's a better idea to date someone who matches you.

For example I know a couple where one person (the woman actually) makes a ton of $ and the other makes none, but more importantly, there is no equality in their ambition and work ethic.

Like if a guy is a world class jazz saxophonist who makes 65K a year (a reality) married to a anesthesiologist making 300K? Not a big problem. Guy is successful, maybe even HARDER working, and has his own $. And a lot of people who make a lot of $ don't actually care that much about $, but work ethic is different.

In terms of intelligence, why would you want somebody who is smarter than you? It wouldn't work out well.

If you like to sit on the couch on Saturdays, then you should date someone who does that.
Hello,

I cannot put you on ignore list, so please, be so kind and put me instead. I do not like how you think at all.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
For sure.

Peter EU, you're self improvement accomplishments are awesome. Do it for you, first and foremost!
Thank you thank you very much!!

yes, I agree but also... I am a bit of a romantic person, and I kinda like to do things for others, provided they are kinda worthy of this attitude, able to appreciate efforts put to them and do not mistake it for submissiveness.

Hope you get the drift

But you are very right, in long terms, I am trying to grow as a person, and so I do this for my personal improvement

Old 08-01-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMarlton View Post
Truth is, it doesn't matter. You cant actually trick someone into believing you are something other than yourself. Mind games will only get you so far.

I would say it is important thing to be a direct person about who you are and what you want and not be afraid of failure. One's true personality is next to impossible to change. You can change your behavior in some things, but you cannot change your inner self or your genetics so as to impress these "cool" women.

Therein lies the wisdom of knowing that difference.
that... is one of the wisest ideas I heard. yes... I need to think of that... a lot.

Thank you!!

Old 08-01-2019, 07:01 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_EU View Post
Hello,

let there be little brainstorm:

Imagine situation you are a grown adult person and you meet somebody who is impressive to you...

...That person is giving you inspiration, motivation, some strengths sense that life is suddenly much more fun and worthy of living...

But suddenly you feel your own weaknesses, your imperfections and you start to be concerned about them... Because that person is simply so strong, stronger than you. More... majestic.

You wanna change it. Right now you ate shaking squirrel and you wanna turn into sturdy oak.

If you get my drift...

OK, let us have some fun. Let's see what the reactions gonna be

(and yeah, this is a real life problem for me. No fantasy )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNx_gU57gQ4

Old 08-01-2019, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I don't have to seek those people who "force me out of my comfort zone". They (weirdos) seek me.

depends on who we talk about, what "weirdos". Maybe they are weirdos to you. Perhaps you are dull loser to them?

Just a thought.

Old 08-01-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Inspiration and motivation are not enough. You actually have to do the work to get what you want. It's okay to admire people for a specific action, but putting them on a pedestal will not allow you to move up there.
actually, yes it will. This is the beautiful part... I did! I am doing better than anytime before in my life... Because of this inspiration.

Yes, the work is actually needed. But person can break. What you need is strength. These people give you the strength. rest is up to you.

Old 08-01-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
People who are genuine and not "faking it" are only ever going to want to be with others who are genuine. Fakers, posers, people who put on an act - those types are not good company for someone who is their genuine self. You should therefore strive to just be yourself and seek out others who are being themselves and stop worrying so much about what all of the fake people are doing.

agree, but at the same time, you should always try to better yourself... and maybe think of these things a bit more deeply.

Old 08-01-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Going by what he's saying throughout the thread, he has been putting in work.
tanks for noticing

Generally, you are pretty right in what you say

Old 08-01-2019, 07:25 AM

Quote:
I honestly think we misunderstood you, Peter_EU. From what it sounds like, you have achieved a lot, and you are hopeful about your life. Top physical shape, doubled your salary, etc.

I say you're doing something right, even if the motive is something we find unusual.

I congratulate anyone who has made huge achievements and are happy with what they have achieved. I am inspired and impressed with anyone who makes life work for them.

Keep growing.
Man, I just read this reply now.

Thank you!!!

You don't know how I appreciate this.

... I don't do this to... brag or to bluntly impress people, but I am sure more than happy to find similar minded individuals!!

Thanks a lot, pal!

Old 08-01-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I find anyone doing the “I am tan and fit and wealthy” humblebrag to have just taken a step or 2 away from the attraction goal, personally.
maybe you'd care to post your photo before we proceed with this conversation? This usually explain a lot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships