Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 10:08 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,034,852 times

Advertisements

I was wondering, would a gym be a better option than the OP....since you see the same people on daily basis, I'm sure they eventually become familiar with you on site.

I once saw a woman at the grocery store, that was from my gym. Thought about approaching and saying, "Hey, you go to my gym, don't you?"

I remember during the holidays I was waiting in line for coffee at the book store. It was quiet, so I TRIED to strike up a conversation. You see, it's less creepy when you're both there for a reason, but she was just monosyllabic with her responses.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post

I was chatting with a guy from OKC. When I asked him what he liked to do for fun, he said he never really did anything but work. When he gets a woman, he wants the woman to light up his life. Think about that. What FUN! I cannot WAIT to take on the responsibility for lighting up someone's life! Giving them the wild and cray idea to go DO SOMETHING.

Just no.
I got one for you. I had 2 women I met at a social singles meetup that told me they had no hobbies. I had one that said, "I go to the gym, and work" that's it. Another said the only thing she does outside of work is this right here (having drinks and socializing a la the Meetup).

Me: "So what kind of movies do you like?"

Her: "I don't watch movies"

(Me thinking I should have asked her if she watches movies)

She said she cant' stand to sit for 2 hrs. Same with TV.

I am thinking, what do these ladies do, just on the couch and stare at the wall with a little drool coming out the side of their mouth. I hope they at least have a cat or 2 to keep them occupied. lol

Old 08-04-2019, 10:15 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
This is it, right here guys. Listen to this. Sound wisdom. Especially the part about your life. I keep hearing from certain guys, "If only I had a woman, my life would be okay."

Stop right there

If your life is in the crapper, then a relationship is not going to make it better. If anything, it may make your life worse.

You are not suddenly going to start making six-figures and have a chiseled body the moment you become official with a woman.
It's more that if your life is in the crapper, why would that be at all appealing to a woman? I don't know any woman who wants a fixer-upper/project for a boyfriend.

A guy who semi-stalks women in or in front of a store to ask for a date or to be his girlfriend? Well that doesn't have a predatory feel to it at all.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
No they didn't. They met at church. Or through social circles. Or a decade later at work...
My dad met my mom at the beach, as they were parked next to each other. ;-)

Old 08-04-2019, 10:23 AM

40 posts, read 45,171 times
If I saw an attractive lady at target wearing thong sandals could I compliment her on how beautiful her sandals look?

Wouldn’t that appeal to her?

Old 08-04-2019, 10:27 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
If you are the type to ask this question, then I wouldn't advise you to do it, because you'll probably be too scared. The guys who have confidence would not ask a question like this. They would just do it and wouldn't think twice about it.
^^ Agreed

Old 08-04-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'm a naturally awkward person myself, but I really feel for these guys (and it's usually guys, don't @ me) who seem like they've gotten to adulthood without interacting successfully with other human beings. And it's not just about asking women out. I get the sense that they're not just bad with women, they're awkward with people in general. I wonder how they are at work, or with their friends and family.
They typically are bad with people. There is a certain lack when it comes to social skills.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:32 AM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlight04 View Post
If I saw an attractive lady at target wearing thong sandals could I compliment her on how beautiful her sandals look?

Wouldn’t that appeal to her?
If I caught a man gazing admirably at my feet, telling me how beautiful my sandals look, I would assume he has a fetish. No matter how good-looking he was, even if I was into that — Target’s not the time or place to discuss that. Hey how about this for a new idea: “Coming to a location near you: Tinder Target!”

Old 08-04-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Yes, there’s really no good way to explain how to be socially acceptable. Do not hold up a banana and 2 oranges, and ask- “How do you like them apples.”

(Well then again...you might run into me, who would actually laugh at how stupid you are.)
Or you could run into a woman who would throw an Apple at you and say
"Oopsie Robin Williams, it's a drive by fruiting."

Old 08-04-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
It's more that if your life is in the crapper, why would that be at all appealing to a woman? I don't know any woman who wants a fixer-upper/project for a boyfriend.

A guy who semi-stalks women in or in front of a store to ask for a date or to be his girlfriend? Well that doesn't have a predatory feel to it at all.
Oh, no. I can't imagine a woman feeling uncomfortable in that situation.

Oh and the staring and the following down the street. Women love that.

Btw, that last part of her post and the above part of my post, sarcasm. So don't semi-stalk or follow a woman down the street.

BTW, I ran into quite a few women who wanted to "fix me up" so to speak. Fixing rarely works. I'm unfixable (because I'm working on fixing myself and I have specific goals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships