Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 08:46 AM

2,916 posts, read 1,512,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
Your friend is correct. Why should HE arrange the second date? Plan it out, ask him out, pick him up.
Sho nuff... Sometimes it is hard for a guy to tell if the woman doesn't make it 100% clear.

Honestly - as a guy gets older, I think he gets braver and takes more chances. I know that was the case for me. I am not nearly as shy or introverted as I was in my twenties. Now, I take a lot more chances and realize - nothing ventured, nothing gained. We have this imaginary horrible situation in our heads - but when you really think about it.... Quite often, what is the worst that can happen.

However - he may have been afraid to take the next move. Or, maybe he is a serial dater, or not interested, as stated above, You'll never know now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 08:48 AM

1,210 posts, read 887,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
Sho nuff... Sometimes it is hard for a guy to tell if the woman doesn't make it 100% clear.

Honestly - as a guy gets older, I think he gets braver and takes more chances. I know that was the case for me. I am not nearly as shy or introverted as I was in my twenties. Now, I take a lot more chances and realize - nothing ventured, nothing gained. We have this imaginary horrible situation in our heads - but when you really think about it.... Quite often, what is the worst that can happen.

However - he may have been afraid to take the next move. Or, maybe he is a serial dater, or not interested, as stated above, You'll never know now...
Actually, the inference of my comment is today, the old rules are retired. If women can work like a man, they can pay like a man. Everybody is equal now. Chicks are just as capable of picking up a dude as vice versa.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:54 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,858,475 times
Quote:

Right with you, the older I get I do more often use “what’s the worse that can happen” as my little push. I already experienced the worst that could happen, and survived just fine.

That’s why the OP’s use of becoming more vague in her response as she became irritated in the speed of getting to the next date, essentially was the equivalent to shutting the whole thing down on her own terms: “We aren't getting where I want to go, I’m not going to act as excited about you, making you feel uncertain, now at least I have a conclusion. Bye boy!”

Did it to herself.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:18 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,636,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But when you're doing online dating, you can't just assume that traditional dating norms are in play. If she wants to see him again, and she doesn't want to be texting pen pals, then she needs to use her words and say that.

That is true sometimes, and probably why she asked in her OP if she should put that in her profile.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:21 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,636,727 times
I am also likely to lose interest in a guy who texts and texts but doesn't ask me out. But I'm not going to be upset if he ghosts or stops texting.

Old 08-04-2019, 11:32 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,788,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I am also likely to lose interest in a guy who texts and texts but doesn't ask me out. But I'm not going to be upset if he ghosts or stops texting.
As you should be. I follow the old rule nobody cares about anymore, which is ask a woman out for the weekend no later than Wednesday of that week. It may be a phone call or a text, although with all the rules these days, its hard to know if a woman will even take your call.

Old 08-04-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Actually, the inference of my comment is today, the old rules are retired. If women can work like a man, they can pay like a man.
For some things - no. Not when you are my age - almost 50.

I re-entered the dating game just over 2.5 years ago. I VERY QUICKLY learned that the women my age seem to expect the man to pay for the dinner everytime. It was a bit of an eye opener, actually. I thought that wasn't a thing anymore.

I very clearly had that made apparent to me by 1 woman. We did not stay together... And, I have another girlfriend now. But, I soon learned that anyone I dated expected me to pay.

Old 08-04-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
See, I've had experience with women who will text forever - but as soon as you try to set a date, that's it. Never hear from them again.

Someone told me that these are probably women already in relationships, just getting an ego boost. But, who knows...

Old 08-04-2019, 11:43 AM

1,210 posts, read 887,136 times
Quote:
women my age seem to expect the man to pay for the dinner every time.
anyone I dated expected me to pay.
Do you think that is right or fair or reasonable? I don't. That's why I posted to the original poster that she has no reason not to take the initiative.
I know I can't change the world but those were my two cents.

Old 08-04-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Do you think that is right or fair or reasonable? I don't. That's why I posted to the original poster that she has no reason not to take the initiative.
I know I can't change the world but those were my two cents.
No,I do not think this is fair, but I live with it. It is even the same with my current girlfriend, but I do not mind so much now. We have a great time at the meal, and a great time after.

But I too also said earlier that she could take the initiative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships