Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 05:14 AM

61,691 posts, read 87,077,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
"How can someone unattractive like him get women so easily?"
money?
Maybe was is character. Unattractive people have often better character than attractive ones.

OP thinks highly about how attractive she is, but based on her posts, she doesn't have desirable character.

Last edited by elnina; 08-05-2019 at 06:31 AM..

Old 08-05-2019, 02:51 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
Really, the only advice I have is "Be friendly and make eye contact."

And joining the Toastmaster's Club would be EXCELLENT for learning the art of small talk and making conversation. If you're not making eye contact with people (for whatever reasons) it's literally like being the house on Halloween with the lights out and the curtains closed, and the porch light turned off.

Old 08-05-2019, 02:57 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Disagree. Garbage never smells better as time passes.
Thanks for the laugh.

Old 08-06-2019, 02:33 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsg1194 View Post
I just don’t get it. I am always single, literally always. I’m told I’m attractive and what not but never get approached by guys. I’ve lost weight and am always single. I did not have an actual short term relationship until I was 23, mind you I was on dating apps previously.

I never was pursued before by guys I liked, which is why I was always single. The last guy I “dated” was in long term relationships before talking to me. People that saw what he looked like when he was dating me said he was unattractive and mentioned that I could have done better. Mind you, he has been in relationships with good looking women.

He moved on within a few weeks after we stopped dating and this women wasn’t bad looking either.

How can someone unattractive like him get women so easily? While someone like myself, whose told she’s attractive, always be single? I sound bitter and jealous because I am, I want to move on but can never find a boyfriend. And I wish I never dated him/ saved myself for someone closer to my standards and worth my while.
Did you break up because he was not attractive and you felt like you could have done better?

Old 08-06-2019, 03:03 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,373,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsg1194 View Post
I just don’t get it. I am always single, literally always. I’m told I’m attractive and what not but never get approached by guys. I’ve lost weight and am always single. I did not have an actual short term relationship until I was 23, mind you I was on dating apps previously.

I never was pursued before by guys I liked, which is why I was always single. The last guy I “dated” was in long term relationships before talking to me. People that saw what he looked like when he was dating me said he was unattractive and mentioned that I could have done better. Mind you, he has been in relationships with good looking women.

He moved on within a few weeks after we stopped dating and this women wasn’t bad looking either.

How can someone unattractive like him get women so easily? While someone like myself, whose told she’s attractive, always be single? I sound bitter and jealous because I am, I want to move on but can never find a boyfriend. And I wish I never dated him/ saved myself for someone closer to my standards and worth my while.
Beauty is an opinion. I for one think my ex is gross. I am sure there are women who think he is super hot. Everyone defines attractiveness differently.

Does he make a lot of money? Does he have a nice car? Does he own his own home? Is he kind? I would rather date a man who is ugly but his has finances together and is kind to me than someone who is attractive and doesn't/isn't. It's not all about looks.

Old 08-07-2019, 08:44 AM

61,691 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Stop creating new threads about the same topic.
Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships