Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 01:20 AM

20 posts, read 11,858 times

Advertisements

So I’m almost 25 and never been in a relationship before

I don’t think I’m beautiful per se but I don’t think I’m ugly enough to fail to attract guys. I’ve only ever been approached by guys that I don’t find attractive. Everyone I know has had a cute guy approach them but I am never pursued by a guy that I would consider dating.

I’m told I’m attractive and don’t understand how someone my age is always single. I don’t know if I am just cursed or if there is something about me that repels guys. I was heavier growing up and maybe thought my weight prevented guys from approaching me. But now that I’ve slimmed down, I don’t see a difference in the attention that I receive.

What’s wrong with me or the men around me?

Old 08-07-2019, 01:26 AM

8,500 posts, read 4,741,154 times
Either your standards are too high, or you throw off a vibe the attractive men don’t want.

As a woman, you’re really in the driver’s seat. Us men are pretty gross, and if you aren’t getting quality men, it’s not for lack of volume.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:21 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,553 times
That's the key. It matters not one whit how 'cute' you might think you are, nowadays men aren't going to bother too much with the 'cute girl with attitude written all over her face'. This ain't the 1920's, no one's trying to 'court' the girl with RBF.

Especially if she gives off the air of expecting to be courted while sitting there scowling for no reason. As a man those women become completely unattractive and invisible once that vibe has been noted.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:37 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Nov3, I lived with a scarily powerful woman for nearly 20 years, and underneath they are still the same as other women - just that they need a partner who is as sure of themselves as they are. Powerful and independent women frighten off a lot of men I reckon.

Now OP, in that lies a truth, which is to know yourself better and to send out the right kind of messages when dating. So many people send out mixed messages because they do not know themselves and what they really want - only what they THINK they want to make themselves happy.

This is why so many people continuously attract the same kind of losers or the same kind of abusers, or the same kind of partners which they dumped last time. They do this until they learn more about themselves and then they are clear about their requirements.

Old 08-07-2019, 03:51 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Either your standards are too high, or you throw off a vibe the attractive men don’t want.

As a woman, you’re really in the driver’s seat. Us men are pretty gross, and if you aren’t getting quality men, it’s not for lack of volume.
This is true.

So use that position and approach the guys you like.

Old 08-07-2019, 07:30 AM

20 posts, read 11,858 times
Default Why do I only attract unattractive guys?

So I’m almost 25 and never been in a relationship before

I don’t think I’m beautiful per se but I don’t think I’m ugly enough to fail to attract guys. I’ve only ever been approached by guys that I don’t find attractive. Everyone I know has had a cute guy approach them but I am never pursued by a guy that I would consider dating.

I’m told I’m attractive and don’t understand how someone my age is always single. I don’t know if I am just cursed or if there is something about me that repels guys. I was heavier growing up and maybe thought my weight prevented guys from approaching me. But now that I’ve slimmed down, I don’t see a difference in the attention that I receive.

What’s wrong with me or the men around me?
Rate this post positively

Old 08-07-2019, 07:46 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,016,445 times
The problem is likely the vibe you give off - basically how approachable you are.

Your attitude and your personality may also be a contributing factor.

Old 08-07-2019, 07:50 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
No, it’s the human condition. Single women attract all kinds of men but it seems that most of them are not grade A. Everyone aspires for the best they can get, hoping they can get lucky.

You’re not cursed.

Keep your head up. Good guys feel the same as you do, just read some of the posts on here. Dating is tough.

Old 08-07-2019, 07:52 AM

1,210 posts, read 888,900 times
The key to happiness is to lower your standards.
"Good enough" is enough.

Old 08-07-2019, 08:00 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,332,943 times
I'd say the men around you are just fine, and that you're not as attractive as you think you are. As said to you and others before, learn to lower your standards or be happy with how things are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships