Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 11:12 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,033,417 times

Advertisements

I saw this pop up in my feed a woman stating that it's "sad to see her sisters...tranmute...to lesbianism due to their failure with men".

I recall historically that this was always a joke. I know many people that joke around about considering a relationship with the same sex due to their bad luck with the opposite sex. Then everyone would laugh and move on to the next topic.

She said she respects this way of "shining". Now the only time I've heard this term was via Stanley Kubrick's flick, which is completely science fiction.

But when I hear unfamiliar terms like "Transmute" and "shining", I can't help but to think this is a demonstration in pseudo science.

She said, " Its only sad to me because its a metamorphosis caused by male energy, particularly lack of love Failure of Humanity in a rhetorical biological sense".

Not sure what kind of rhetoric she's putting out there, but is this not disturbing?

Old 08-08-2019, 11:13 AM

3,023 posts, read 2,235,771 times
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:24 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,033,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Yeah, that's what I thought. LOL

Old 08-08-2019, 11:25 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Sigh.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:33 AM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Never ever gonna happen in a million years. My sexuality for me isn't fluid. Whatever that is supposed to mean. LOL.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:49 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
I saw this pop up in my feed a woman stating that it's "sad to see her sisters...tranmute...to lesbianism due to their failure with men".

I recall historically that this was always a joke. I know many people that joke around about considering a relationship with the same sex due to their bad luck with the opposite sex. Then everyone would laugh and move on to the next topic.

She said she respects this way of "shining". Now the only time I've heard this term was via Stanley Kubrick's flick, which is completely science fiction.

But when I hear unfamiliar terms like "Transmute" and "shining", I can't help but to think this is a demonstration in pseudo science.

She said, " Its only sad to me because its a metamorphosis caused by male energy, particularly lack of love Failure of Humanity in a rhetorical biological sense".

Not sure what kind of rhetoric she's putting out there, but is this not disturbing?
I find the very thought insulting. I know a lot of gay and lesbian people and none of them were put off by the opposite sex so much they chose to partake in same-sex relationships. All of them had feelings for the same sex but some did try to date opposite sex to appease society at large. This notion that the opposite sex can put someone off so much they resort to CHOOSE same sex dating is insulting BS at the very least.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:04 PM

2,048 posts, read 2,154,462 times
The person who spoke those words strikes me as trying to sound more educated than she actually is. The ten-dollar words that are misused and inappropriately capitalized, etc. I would not pay much attention to this person.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:05 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,594 posts, read 17,927,273 times
I certainly agree that it can happen with women, I doubt it's ever happened with an actual straight guy.

I've seen it in women. 2 different women I know, had had enough of guys. ENOUGH, don't want any more of that, thanks.

Both went through years in a same sex relationship, and then both eventually went back to men - but more muted, non aggressive men.

So yeah. Female sexuality seems suggestible. Look at all the teen girls who were kissing each other on the mouths after Madonna did it.

You didn't see young men doing that after Brokeback Mountain was so popular.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:10 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I certainly agree that it can happen with women, I doubt it's ever happened with an actual straight guy.

I've seen it in women. 2 different women I know, had had enough of guys. ENOUGH, don't want any more of that, thanks.

Both went through years in a same sex relationship, and then both eventually went back to men - but more muted, non aggressive men.

So yeah. Female sexuality seems suggestible. Look at all the teen girls who were kissing each other on the mouths after Madonna did it.

You didn't see young men doing that after Brokeback Mountain was so popular.

I think it is more of a change in society. I see women encouraged to be more "affectionate", than men. But there are a lot more men than you think that would say they are straight, but engage in homosexual activities. But whether that is an actual straight guy or not, I don't know.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:11 PM

1,153 posts, read 566,739 times
I briefly considered it after my last relationship with a man (which was abusive) but I don't think I am sufficiently attracted to women to make it happen. I think womens' sexuality is more fluid than men's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships