Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 09:45 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
From what I've seen, many posters on the Relationships threads claim they love being single, that it's the greatest thing. So it does seem strange they post in Relationships quite often. If I loved being single, the last thing I'd want to do is talk about relationships or get advice about them. I'd be out having all that fun they talk about. You know, traveling to all those exotic locales, night clubs, hanging out with buddies, career stuff....
Agree! I see it the exact same way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2019, 10:07 AM

176 posts, read 129,264 times
Twice

1st time was Mary Ellen Campbell. I threw a spelling bee for her so she could win the marshmallow easter bunny. I got another statue of the virgin mary with a magnet in the bottom . She later said to me boys have warts or something like that. To this day I still remember her name and the soul crushing betrayal

2nd time was a girl at college. Looked anorexic, was smoking, short hair like Pee Wee Herman, the antitheses or every girl I had even been attracted to. But there was something about her.

We have been married 40 years.

Old 08-26-2019, 12:10 PM

5,480 posts, read 6,305,303 times
Twice...both times with the same woman, 30 years apart.

Old 08-27-2019, 04:01 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
2 times

Old 08-30-2019, 12:50 PM

586 posts, read 314,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongobongo View Post
Once

Answering my own post.
The woman I was in love with is not my wife. I loved her, she didn't love me, so we parted. My wife and I were great friends, but not in love. We both thought it would eventually become love. It didn't. We built a life together and have a perfect daughter and granddaughter, but our life together is just an empty shell.

Old 09-03-2019, 09:52 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongobongo View Post
Answering my own post.
The woman I was in love with is not my wife. I loved her, she didn't love me, so we parted. My wife and I were great friends, but not in love. We both thought it would eventually become love. It didn't. We built a life together and have a perfect daughter and granddaughter, but our life together is just an empty shell.
People who marry for any reason other than love......are never completely happy IMO.......

Old 09-03-2019, 10:12 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
When I was 18 in college, a man I only dated a few times said he wanted to marry me. I turned him down. He contacted me again two years later, but I had not changed my mind. Ten years later he sent me a card with his phone number asking me to call him; that he was moving to Italy and wanted me to go with him. I've always wondered how my life would have been different if I'd made that phone call. But I didn't. The real problem, I think, was that he was very religious (Christian) and I wasn't. It was a lack of compatibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships