Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 05:45 PM

927 posts, read 758,919 times

Advertisements

He'd find them a lot more attractive if they didn't have sex with him right away

Old 08-23-2019, 05:49 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Americans are fat
It’s hard to work around that
Who said anything about anyone in the OP's scenario being fat?

Old 08-23-2019, 06:03 PM

1,153 posts, read 567,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
I'm not rich. The last girlfriend moaned and moaned endlessly about it, and she's not the first. Career wise I'm behind in life as I was ill through my mid 20s and architecture is known as the job of old men for a reason.
What I want to know is why you didn't break it off with someone who moaned and moaned about how you weren't rich enough for her. Where's your self-respect? Don't you want to date someone who doesn't just see you as their ATM? I think you have issues that go way beyond finding an attractive partner.

Old 08-23-2019, 06:08 PM

1,153 posts, read 567,307 times
And if I knew that someone I dated or slept with found me unattractive, but had been pretending to like me, I'd be pretty offended.

No one wants to date someone who pretends to like them. I think it's wrong to do what you're suggesting here. It would be a bit like a gay person pretending to be straight and getting married to someone of the opposite sex, because of whatever they got out of that arrangement, all the while faking the attraction.

Old 08-23-2019, 06:19 PM

818 posts, read 456,415 times
Yeah l agree , why on earth would you stick around for someone like that moaning about your lack of wealth .
Man , should've shown her the door quick smart, don't put up with bs like that.

Old 08-23-2019, 06:31 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
No, please don't. I would hate to be with someone, and then feel that he was just "making do" with me. People almost always deserve better than that.

However, I do foresee that you will continue to be lonely in that regard, as I can't see anything changing for you, feeling the way you do -- but at least I commend you for your honesty.

Old 08-23-2019, 07:29 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
hard work = i'm not a millionaire living in a chelsea mansion driving a bentley. They're always looking to trade up.
lol

Old 08-24-2019, 05:08 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,367 times
I've seen threads where people were TRYING to date a person...that they thought were very sweet, kind , and nice. Basically had all the qualities they were looking for in a guy, but just couldn't get past the looks. like they were trying to force it.

They would sometimes be sexually active. I tend to wonder why would it even get to that point though. But it happens.

I knew of a woman that MARRIED a man that she admitted (now single/divorced from him) that she never found him attrative in the first place. She just went along with her high school friends who were all getting hitched.

Another woman even had a kid by a guy that she wasn't attracted to. I sometimes wonder if she only did it to have the kid.

It's kind of boggling, with an active sex life, how they had been able to stomach looking at them naked...without throwing up in their mouths a little. DId she lie there like a cold fish, did she think of another guy?

Old 08-24-2019, 06:09 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,471,558 times
From another thread currently running:
Quote:
Once, she was the spitting image of Kelly Brook. And I know I never will again due to severe disability. None of the women I'm attracted to would ever date a disabled man.
Weird that you left that part out here. Sorry that you are disabled.

Old 08-24-2019, 06:26 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
From another thread currently running:

Weird that you left that part out here. Sorry that you are disabled.
This whole story, is getting stranger and stranger.

OP, sadly, if you are struggling financially and are disabled, the truth of it is you probably won't be able to attract a perfectly gorgeous woman with a winning personality.

Because this is their life too. They deserve to enjoy a life with a man with the most positive qualities they can attract, too.

In cases like yours, I strongly suspect you actually don't want a relationship due to anxiety issues or something like that. So you just tell yourself you're only attracted to 10's, like Kelly Brook (whoever that is), instead of working to develop real relationships with real women. Which is harder than saying I don't want the women I'm able to attract.

It seems likely you have a low libido or are depressed, and that's masking itself as this strange inability to want women who aren't goddesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships