Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2019, 06:28 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,573,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Upon further checking it does appear that Leviticus leaves the door open for blow jobs, which is good to know and may be guiding loose cannon's suggestion. That whole abomination thing is heavy, and can even lead to smoting. Smiting? Well it's bad.
ceiling cat still says no:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
i'll leave this here since i think its kinda' related. i think religious rules on sex are kinda' arbitrary.
i went to catholic school and in junior high, sister nancy (convent of the sisters of st. josephs) taught health class/sex-ed.

she taught that even married couples are not allowed to have casual sex. the church only permits sex if the intention is to have a baby (which obviously outlaws certain sex acts). the vatican is opposed to any form of birth control or safe-sex.

i also read an article recently about catholic missionaries around the world would preach their method of fornication since the man is on top similar to how only males can be priests (the top of the church) or bishop or cardinal or pope...

i chuckle to myself whenever someone says something like "explain something in laymans terms". in the church the clergy made up of priests and nuns are considered the experts and are forbidden to lay with each other. only the congregation are allowed to get laid.

so if the o.p.'s girl wants to follow all the rules this is how sparingly their sex life will be. but i would think even the most devout catholics would indulge every few months so picking and choosing which rules to follow (and how disciplined) means you are still sinning.

also, it is looked down upon to live together prior to marriage. i think this is a bad idea since you only truly know someone if you live with them. think of even college roommates you knew prior to living together and the bad habits (like taking the tele-fone to the bathroom with them) you never wouldve known.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2019, 11:11 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
From a moral standpoint you should wait until marriage. Every now and then maybe some oral copulation, but otherwise no.
Huh? Oral sex is sex. It's the same thing. And waiting until marriage isn't practical at all these days. Many people don't marry until they are 30 or older.

And on that note, I'm glad I didn't marry young because I think my life would have been boring. I had the chance to marry at 18. I turned it down. I had lots of fun in my 20s, and early 30s, dating around and being independent and going on trips with my friends. Glad I wasn't tied down in a house with a couple of kids in my 20s. I am glad I had exciting relationships with other men before I met my husband.

Old 08-31-2019, 11:17 AM

236 posts, read 127,897 times
Quote:
From a moral standpoint you should wait until marriage. Every now and then maybe some oral copulation, but otherwise no.
Whatchu talkin' bout Willis??

Old 09-03-2019, 09:48 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
So...everyone should have the same morality as you in order to be moral?

Old 09-04-2019, 10:29 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,976 times
3-4 dates
a month at the most usually...for me when I was single

when I was single if there wasn't some form of intimacy by then, I ASSumed she just wasn't that in to me...and I bailed before the black hole of friend zone sucked me in

if at end of first date I went in for a smooch and she refused, that was it too
aint nobody got time for that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships