Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 02:01 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leboss12345 View Post
I agree. I was very honest with her mom because we are close. I told her that my relationship with her daughter ending also means that we can't stay friends. I thanked her for everything she did for me and for welcoming me into her family and that I wish her daughter the best.

You sound really mature. Seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 04:08 PM

49 posts, read 23,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
You sound really mature. Seriously.
thank you for saying that, means a lot. I did see my ex-girlfriend today. We were biking the opposite way to each other and she couldn't even look at me. I'm just happy that she got the point and she is not contacting me anymore.

Old 08-27-2019, 05:02 PM

7,588 posts, read 4,159,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Let's put this on rational perspective. The gf DID NOT cheat on him . She was though being flirty with another person.
I do not advocate for this gals methods yet I cannot say she was exhibiting infidelity .

As for the OP being free at last ...free at last, thank God above I'm free at least. Notion. I give props that he is moving into some clear retrospect thinking and his part in the decision to break it off.
Well handled I might say.

No I wouldn't encourage rebound dating or the "get back on the horse" attitude. More often a reprieve...(yes even from the gee they just wanna have fun.)...is a wiser road to walk.
If the GF said she cheated on him, who am I to argue and why would I want to argue that point?

Old 08-27-2019, 05:07 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Also, I met a girl randomly last night when I went to a bar with some friends. She is visiting from another country and is here for a month. She is asked me out and she said that she just wants to have fun, nothing serious. And I don't want any serious either. Is it too soon?
Well, as long as you don't develop feelings.

It's not a great idea but if she's being honest and you can handle it, it might be ok.

Old 08-27-2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Well, as long as you don't develop feelings.

It's not a great idea but if she's being honest and you can handle it, it might be ok.
I'm going on the date in 15 minutes. I haven't been on a date in a while so I'm a bit nervous. But If I sense that I can't handle it then I'll tell her. I just want to try it. And she has been pretty honest about her just wanting to have fun. She lives in a country that is 2000 miles away.

Old 08-28-2019, 08:00 AM

I don't know if anyone cares haha! But the date went great, I had a lot fun with her. Her English wasn't so good, but mine wasn't either 5 years ago. So I was trying to teach her more English. She taught me some Portugese and I taught her some French and Arabic. We took a walk in the middle of the night and just laughed and laughed. It was a nice change. She leaves this week-end. But I'm glad I went out with her. I didn't really care about being in a relationship or just taking her home. All I cared about was I finally could be myself and just talk to someone.

My ex-girlfriend's roommate posted a picture on a social media network. They had a small gathering at her place, and there was a picture of my ex-girlfriend and the guy she "cheated" on me with, sitting next to each other. Not gonna lie, it hurt a little but it didn't ruin my day. I'm keeping my head up and I'm moving on.

Last edited by leboss12345; 08-28-2019 at 08:10 AM..

Old 08-28-2019, 08:32 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Time to unfollow the roommate.

Old 08-28-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Time to unfollow the roommate.
Done!

Old 08-28-2019, 11:48 AM

2,094 posts, read 1,925,699 times
Quote:
Hello Everyone,

I already wrote about my situation before in several posts. My last post was about me breaking up with girlfriend. Long story short, she told me that she had a crush on someone. I asked her before if she liked him and she would say no, its just a friendship. She lied to me and I decided to end to relationship ( with the help with a lot of people here who gave me so much advice, especially BirdieBelle).

Anyways, she kept contacting me and telling me that she loves me and she wants to work on our relationship. She said she was going to stop talking to him. However, I kept telling her that we are over and we should both move on. I wanted to block her so I can just move on but I couldn't do it. She said that she is going to prove to me how much she loves me and all that. Anyways, a week goes by. She calls me saturday morning as I was sleeping and I answered. She told me that she cheated on me ( she thought we were still together even though we broke up). She told me that she went out with a couple of friends and the guy that she had a crush on was there. She told me that she got drunk and told him that she has a crush on him but she wants to work on her relationship with me. she told me that he kissed her and she stopped it.

I told her that they deserve each other. I hung up on her and she kept texting me. I didn't respond but then I ended the conversation by saying " If you have any decency left in you, you would stop talking to me". Well I think that got to her cause she stopped. Its only been 2 days but I actually feel great. I don't know why. I feel like i'm free again. When we broke up, I cried so much and I was so sad. However, now I don't feel sad. I'm actually excited for my future. I keep thinking about my goals and my plans. The thought of them kissing comes back to me when I see something that reminds me of it but it doesn't make me angry or sad.

Am I being delusional? Or is this normal?
You feel good because she was stressing you out, and you were man enough to cut ties. Some guys would keep falling for her crap and take her back.

Old 08-28-2019, 04:22 PM

Admittedly, I did cry my eyes out today when I got home from work. Tears just started coming down, but I felt good after.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships