Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2019, 09:54 AM

17,708 posts, read 9,175,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Pinball View Post
If her attempts to contact me continue into next week, it will be time to think about letting her go.
You need to be very careful with that.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:54 AM

151 posts, read 46,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Do you have the power to fire her?
Technically, yes. But, it doesn't really work that way. We would have a meeting first and the heads of department would issue a formal warning. If the behavior continues then she would be dismissed. There are other circumstances that could lead to an immediate firing, but a person would have to do something blatant in order for that to happen.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
You need to be very careful with that.
I know. There's a reason I haven't communicated with her at all for days. At this point, I have full proof that her attempts to communicate are one-sided. I'm letting her dig her own grave, if that's what she wants. I've made it clear that I want nothing else to do with her on a personal level. If she can't take a hint, then she'll have to go. I'd prefer that she stayed with the company and just did her job and things could resume as normal. But ultimately, the choice is hers.

Old 08-31-2019, 10:04 AM

2,095 posts, read 1,557,504 times
i dont think company relationships are that bad as long as not manager subordinate relationships. it can make complications though, don't **** where you work or whatever the saying is. the higher up you are, the more you have to lose if things go badly though, so need to keep that in mind.

Old 08-31-2019, 10:04 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:

And the fact that she's already been over to my place is proof enough that she is a willing party.

An unwilling party would be a kidnap victim. Did you not invite her over? And you DID ask her out at least twice. Situations can be viewed different ways by different people.

Quote:

If she ends up needing to be dismissed from her job, it will be because she couldn't control her behavior and act professionally. If her attempts to contact me continue into next week, it will be time to think about letting her go.
You've been fairly careless here. I think you need to consult someone about this because even though she's been out of line, if she gets fired she could easily spin this as "he got mad that I wouldn't go to dinner with him."

Please do some research.

Old 08-31-2019, 10:07 AM

2,095 posts, read 1,557,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

An unwilling party would be a kidnap victim. Did you not invite her over? And you DID ask her out at least twice. Situations can be viewed different ways by different people.

Need to get explicit consent from her.

Old 08-31-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:

An unwilling party would be a kidnap victim. Did you not invite her over? And you DID ask her out at least twice. Situations can be viewed different ways by different people."
A willing party as in; she wasn't coerced or pressured. I did not invite her over. She texted me when she was close to my house and asked what I was doing. She wanted to come over, so she did. I didn't see the harm in it, considering we were already moving in a romantic direction.

Quote:
You've been fairly careless here. I think you need to consult someone about this because even though she's been out of line, if she gets fired she could easily spin this as "he got mad that I wouldn't go to dinner with him."

Please do some research.
I was careless. I won't say otherwise. But there was nothing wrong in my actions. At this point she can't spin it all. I have all the texts showing her attempts to contact me even though it's not reciprocal.

It's simple. She stood me up twice, never apologized and I cut off contact with her. She continues to contact me and won't take a hint. If she takes a hint, all is good. If she doesn't, then she's creating a problem for herself. She's not the victim in this situation, she is the driving force in what could lead to her dismissal. This is typical behavior for her. There's a reason she admitted to me that her life is a mess.

Old 08-31-2019, 10:17 AM

17,708 posts, read 9,175,662 times
Quote:
even though she's been out of line, if she gets fired she could easily spin this as "he got mad that I wouldn't go to dinner with him."
Yeah.

OP, I hope you didn't send her any flirtatious/sexual texts.

Old 08-31-2019, 10:19 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
A willing party as in; she wasn't coerced or pressured. I did not invite her over. She texted me when she was close to my house and asked what I was doing. She wanted to come over, so she did. I didn't see the harm in it, considering we were already moving in a romantic direction.
You consented, which was a mistake.

Quote:

I was careless. I won't say otherwise. But there was nothing wrong in my actions. At this point she can't spin it all.
Welllll .... your actions were dumb. We know that.

Quote:
I have all the texts showing her attempts to contact me even though it's not reciprocal.
You have texts that also show you invited her out twice, correct? It's not like you were being pursued by a random bunny boiler.

Quote:
It's simple. She stood me up twice, never apologized and I cut off contact with her.
To you, a rational person, it's simple. But she's not rational.

Look, i'm not trying to kick you when you're down. I'm just trying to keep you from being blind-sided. The rules don't apply when you're dealing with a wackadoo.

Old 08-31-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Yeah.

OP, I hope you didn't send her any flirtatious/sexual texts.
The issue isn't whether or not we crossed the flirtatious/sexual boundary. It's clear that we did and it was consensual. That's not what this is about. The issue is that she's not ceasing communication and at this point, she is participating in unwanted advances and communication. I really just want it die off and have things go back to normal. I hope after this long holiday weekend, everything will be fine again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships