Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2019, 11:06 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,785,726 times

Advertisements

I remember I started a thread about this a few years ago, and pretty much got blasted for thinking a guy should walk a girl to whatever it is her mode of transportation was to get to the date, regardless of his interest in her. I still feel this way, I usually have my dates in the evening and by the time we're done it's dark out and I sometimes have to park a few block away and the street might be deserted, I feel safer if the guy I'm on a date with walks me to my car, regardless of whether I'm interested in him (provided he's sane lol). For the most part if the date goes really well the guy walks me to my car without even asking me, if the date is ok but there's no chemistry the guy will usually ask if I want them to walk me to my car.

I was just wondering how many of you guys walk a girl to her destination after a first date, regardless of your interest in her?

Old 08-30-2019, 11:22 AM

236 posts, read 126,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
I remember I started a thread about this a few years ago, and pretty much got blasted for thinking a guy should walk a girl to whatever it is her mode of transportation was to get to the date, regardless of his interest in her. I still feel this way, I usually have my dates in the evening and by the time we're done it's dark out and I sometimes have to park a few block away and the street might be deserted, I feel safer if the guy I'm on a date with walks me to my car, regardless of whether I'm interested in him (provided he's sane lol). For the most part if the date goes really well the guy walks me to my car without even asking me, if the date is ok but there's no chemistry the guy will usually ask if I want them to walk me to my car.

I was just wondering how many of you guys walk a girl to her destination after a first date, regardless of your interest in her?
You shouldn't have gotten blasted for thinking this, its the right thing to do..period

Old 08-30-2019, 11:23 AM

1,660 posts, read 1,199,017 times
Yes, I'll grab her by the hand and walk her back to her car

Old 08-30-2019, 11:29 AM

61,175 posts, read 86,024,495 times
I thought that women want to be equal. Yes, but with exceptions?

"Gender equality" means that women and men, and girls and boys, enjoy the same rights, resources, opportunities and protections.

Old 08-30-2019, 11:34 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,296,641 times
If a man didn't walk me back, I'd never go out with him again.

Old 08-30-2019, 11:42 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,323,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post

In any and all circumstances I'd walk a woman to her car or whatever means of transportation she was using, and wait to see that she was safely on her way.

Old 08-30-2019, 11:46 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,785,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post

"Gender equality" means that women and men, and girls and boys, enjoy the same rights, resources, opportunities and protections.
I think you’re confusing equality with safety. Women are more likely to get attacked If they’re walking by themselves than if they’re with someone. In my opinion a man should always offer to walk her to her destination, and if I parked a few steps away and wasn’t interested in the guy I’d definitely say it’s not necessary.

Old 08-30-2019, 11:55 AM

2,066 posts, read 892,246 times
You get to the bust stop on the first date ?

Man, I gotta up my game.

(Note, I am not immune from having mistyped some unintentionally funny things ...)

Old 08-30-2019, 12:07 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,014,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheInterruption View Post
You shouldn't have gotten blasted for thinking this, its the right thing to do..period
Getting blasted on a message board is part of being on a message board. lol Comes with the territory unfortunately.

Old 08-30-2019, 12:15 PM

20,686 posts, read 19,816,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post

So after he walks her to her car, she needs to offer to drive him back to his car?

That's what I usually do. Most guys walk me to my car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships