Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2019, 10:08 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyCares View Post
He was part of my motivation in life as well as my stability. Now that's gone and I feel kind of lost.
I don't know what I did so wrong for me to suddenly walk out of my life. I did nothing wrong.I really thought about growing old with him, having a life with him and all that is gobe.

Part of me still feels like saying No, you can't do this to me, you can't, no.
Sounds like he made a good decision. Needy people can grow annoying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2019, 10:11 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
I wish I knew the ex BFs name. I'd be tempted to contact him for his own protection.
As would I. Real talk.

Old 09-01-2019, 04:58 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Then all is lost I guess. He was mine.
I hope he doesn't find better so that way he'll regret ever dumping me.
It is likely too soon for the thought I will present to you. But if that last sentence is your true feeling, you need to address your capacity for a relationship. Relationship is not ownership. It is partnership. One in which you desire the best for your partner. With or without you.

Old 09-01-2019, 06:49 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,483 times
Is there any particular reason why you haven't sought out counseling? Not to belabor the point about your prior post or anything, but reading that one and this one together makes it pretty clear that you're someone who truly should look for a therapist with whom you could work on these things. I'm sure you'd discover a lot about yourself in therapy and it would definitely make you a much better person. You could become the type of person who would have more successful relationships with everyone in their life. Don't you want that for yourself?

Old 09-01-2019, 12:37 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
He was part of my motivation in life as well as my stability. Now that's gone and I feel kind of lost.
I don't know what I did so wrong for me to suddenly walk out of my life. I did nothing wrong.I really thought about growing old with him, having a life with him and all that is gobe.

Some people don't mind being with a needy person.

Some people would rather have a more independent.

Some people would rather be the dependent type in a relationship.

Either way, you don't need to do anything wrong for a relationship to end. It is quite possible he is the type of person that wants someone more independent or at the very least feel like his equal. It is simply an incompatibility.

Also, the only person that should be the motivation in life and the source of stability is yourself. You should work on that.... that process in of itself would be a great path to moving on.

Old 09-01-2019, 12:41 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
If you follow him around like that and he finds out, he's even more likely to not come back.

If you move on and forget about him, he's more likely to possibly reconnect with you in the future.
Reconnect? Maybe in court for the RO.

Old 09-01-2019, 12:43 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times
NO you can't. Move on.

Old 09-01-2019, 01:42 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Move away, get a makeover, start a new life. You will find someone else you like better.

Old 09-01-2019, 01:51 PM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Quote:
He was part of my motivation in life as well as my stability. ........

And that is why he left you.

He doesn't want to be your motivation and your stability. He doesn't want to be with someone so controlling that she feels like limiting him to only what she feels is the way to be.

No, you can't make him love you again, and it makes absolutely not a jot of difference if he has someone new. At this point, it is none of your business.

He doesn't want you any more and that does not mean that he can never be with anyone else.

Go out and try to find a man whose life's goal is to have a needy, controlling woman clinging to him making unreasonable demands. Or get yourself figured out and learn to be a bit more reasonable.

Old 09-01-2019, 04:02 PM

6,867 posts, read 4,866,838 times
Just by reading your post I can tell why he dumped you. Time to grow up and stop being so needy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships