Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2019, 03:35 PM

281 posts, read 247,305 times

Advertisements

Sometimes a break up is necessary .

It has been more than 6 months.

There are moments when I feel indifferent. There are moments when I feel that I have moved on. Yet there are some moments when my chest aches and that person's image occupied my mind overwhelmingly.

I am too tired from putting up barrier and distracting myself ...... exhausted from blocking my feeling and staying angry at him.

Tonight, I am letting all those barriers down and found that I am no longer angry at him. I wish that he will be happy, no matter who he is with or what he is doing.

I wish the same for me too.

Has anyone else experience this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2019, 06:58 PM

49 posts, read 23,146 times
For me, it has only been 2 weeks since we broke up. Long story short, it completely ended by her telling me that she cheated on me. There are moments where she pops in my head and I feel sad. I'm still angry that she treated me the way she did but I'm happy it ended. I feel like there is a huge weight off my shoulders and I can be happy again. I haven't changed my routine, I still work out, go out and do the things that I love doing.

Not gonna lie, I don't know if I wish that she will be happy. Sometimes, I want her to feel what I felt. I know that's not healthy but thats the stage I am at now. Hopefully, I will be able to let all the barriers down like you did.

Old 09-02-2019, 07:21 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Is this the guy you sent that lengthy letter to...and he liked another woman?

Old 09-03-2019, 06:11 AM

372 posts, read 456,329 times
Proud for you KitKat... Good for you. What a huge emotional step forward. With a heart change like that, I see great happiness in your future!

Old 09-09-2019, 11:56 AM

272 posts, read 130,971 times
Good for you, OP. I miss my Special Pal. We met in our first semester of nursing school. She was the second person in my life that I have loved romantically. It did not work between us and I do not know why. I want her to find happiness. She's good people and ... I hope that happiness is something that she finds. I, too, am grieving. I go through the stages where I am at turns angry, indifferent, pleading with God, accepting what happened (or ... didn't happen), and some denial ... all I need to do is wait some more. I miss my Special Pal. I still love her.

Old 09-09-2019, 05:35 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Yes, I've been through this and hypnotherapy can help you get past it. After a few sessions, you won't feel the same way about the person anymore. You will still have the memories but you won't have the same emotional reaction to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships