Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 02:06 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia93 View Post
Yeh I do get you. But I know how guys are sometimes it is better to pace things a bit. But that I'm doing it on purpose this is just how I am
It's hard to tell, frankly, if it IS "how you are" or if you just like playing games with guys and purposefully delay your replies in a manipulative attempt to make them want you more.

Quote:

I can kind of see that i was mybe overreacting but I don't think he needed to be rude about it. Basically what happened was I just told him to call me a shorter version of my name.. Like ana or something because my friends all do. And he goes to me " i dont know you like that to call u that " so actually I found that rather rude n thinking about it he was kind of petty himself. So I just blocked him then for a few weeks or so my intention wasn't even to speak to him again. But I dunno all of a sudden a few weeks later I just thought maybe I overreacted. In tht time I blocked.him he tried to call me.and asked me by text why I did tht. But anyway when I did eventually come back I told him the reason and he then said i don't have time.for your pettiness. And ye he was quite mad.
Ugh, yeah grow up already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 02:10 PM

11,097 posts, read 7,159,415 times
Sounds too problematic. If you're having difficulties with such straightforward matters as communication and texting, how could you possibly handle more significant matters? It sounds like his personality and yours conflict, and each of you trigger and set off each other's buttons.

Be thankful for the signs and clues you've been given, and move on. One side or both may need more maturing as well.

Old 09-06-2019, 02:50 PM

96 posts, read 44,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
It's hard to tell, frankly, if it IS "how you are" or if you just like playing games with guys and purposefully delay your replies in a manipulative attempt to make them want you more.

Ugh, yeah grow up already.
No I'm not actually playing games but I can see why it would appear so.

Who me grow up? Really? I dont think i did or said anything wrong if someone's going to be disrespectful than I'm entitled to react a certain way

Old 09-06-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallouise View Post
Okay, so it's not actually that you two keep missing each others' calls. It's that you purposefully didn't answer the phone "a lot" of times. If he's in law enforcement, then his b.s. meter is probably finely tuned, and he knew you weren't really just missing all of those calls. It's not terrible, and you're not terrible, but you can't blame the guy for losing interest.

Also, now that I've read some more of your replies about him, I have to agree that he doesn't seem like a good match for you either way, so definitely leave "hot cop" by the wayside.

The whole last post about blocking him for a few weeks because he didn't want to call you by your shortened name--I don't even know what to say to that. Just let it go, at this point.
Sigh.. I guess so. 2bh a lot of our interactions have been via messaging he could be a totally different person on the phone. So I don't know if I should maybe give it mode of a chance.

Old 09-06-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Sounds too problematic. If you're having difficulties with such straightforward matters as communication and texting, how could you possibly handle more significant matters? It sounds like his personality and yours conflict, and each of you trigger and set off each other's buttons.

Be thankful for the signs and clues you've been given, and move on. One side or both may need more maturing as well.
Yeh he does lol

Old 09-06-2019, 03:49 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Who me grow up? Really? I dont think i did or said anything wrong if someone's going to be disrespectful than I'm entitled to react a certain way
Yes!

The blocking, refusing to meet him halfway in terms of communication, etc.

It just shows immaturity and a general lack of consideration on your part.

Be who you are, yes, but don't expect others to conform to that while you refuse to accept their preferences and quirks.

Old 09-06-2019, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Yes!

Be who you are, yes, but don't expect others to conform to that while you refuse to accept their preferences and quirks.
He's refusing to accept mine is he not. Once already he was almost going to cut me off and he says he doesn't wantnto be my texting friend etc..refuses in fact.

The last time he was silent for a good five days but o knew he was busy at work and he was like I'm surprised you want to keep In contact with me I asked why and he goes because I've not been able to make effort with u and I go it's fine that's life. I would say that was quite mature of me whereas when it was the other way around he threw a strop

Old 09-06-2019, 04:54 PM

17,737 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Yes!

Police officers are accustomed to telling others what to do, and also having the final word. When that carries over to relationships, boundaries must be set.

In my opinion, the OP is not being immature or inconsiderate. She's just standing up for herself.

Old 09-06-2019, 04:54 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,562,030 times
Have you ever met one another in person? From the tone of your posts, it seems as though you have not.

Old 09-06-2019, 05:15 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
To me, he gave up too easily. Usually, the guy enjoys the chase of the woman, but he's already jaded of the whole thing, it seems. Oh well, forget him.

Now, on YOUR end, maybe you could have said up-front what your communication style is. For example, I'm a texter or a phone person, don't usually rush things, etc. so he knows, but oh well. He seems like he could take it or leave it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships