Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 10:16 AM

1 posts, read 709 times

Advertisements

Can be anything

I will start

Your partner saying you pick the movie then face palming every suggestion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 10:22 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
If you go for a minute without contacting your partner, they lose their . I’m not a deep guy with a lot to say.

Old 09-09-2019, 10:23 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,001 times
That I don't have one....

Old 09-09-2019, 10:44 AM

2,066 posts, read 900,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
That I don't have one....

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Old 09-09-2019, 10:52 AM

2,625 posts, read 3,413,694 times
What are your pet peeves about relationships?

I'm really peeved if they don't have any pets.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist the pun!)

Old 09-09-2019, 10:53 AM

1,153 posts, read 567,307 times
This is more a dating thing, rather than relationships. Men who have dogs trying to convince me I'll love their dog when it's a dealbreaker for me (I'm scared of them and can't live with one after one too many dog bites.)

Old 09-09-2019, 11:09 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Hmm...

I mean there are little things that one deals with in any relationship, like having to consider someone else's needs in making your future life plans and structuring your free time with them in mind, and different housekeeping standards. But I'm finding that in a good relationship like the one I have now, they are not quite worth peeving over.

Yet oddly there are challenges now, that I didn't have when I was in a bad relationship. Since I was not deeply in love, and had a lot of emotional barriers up against my ex for really the duration of our years together...I wasn't that invested in what he thought of me, on various levels. It is hard to care a great deal about what someone else thinks, and worry and wonder if they are holding back discontent...just the fact that you can't read someone's mind. Is he happy with me? Am I meeting all of his needs? Would he tell me if he were bothered by something, or would he just go along to get along because being with me is better than being alone? Am I truly what he wants or just the best that he could get? It's easy to have no insecurities at all, when you don't care what someone thinks, when some part of you knows you're not even in a good relationship with a good person, and eventually it'll probably end. When you're in love, it MATTERS, these things. I always say that vulnerability and trust are necessary for real intimacy to exist...but that also brings with it, fear, because no one can mind read to know if the things we want to be true, really ARE. Some people get insecure and afraid about concepts like infidelity. I get insecure and afraid that I would be trapped in a relationship with someone who didn't even really want me...that even were he disappointed with me, he would not let me go.

I guess maybe a more accurate way to describe this "peeve" is that if one has psychological baggage and triggers to insecurities, that were most likely planted in one's childhood (as mine were) then the vulnerability of being in love will often expose them and force one to do battle with such demons. And while that is probably more healthy, to confront such things and learn to manage or resolve them...it strips away the luxury of being lazy and forces one to do the work.

Old 09-09-2019, 11:12 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Also I wish he would come up with a freaking suggestion when we go eat out, rather than expecting me to be the only one ever who decides where we are going. I hate having to try and make decisions when I'm so hungry I can barely think straight.

Old 09-09-2019, 11:14 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
When the one thing you don't like is pizza and the ONLY thing your spouse ever suggests is pizza.

Old 09-09-2019, 11:23 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
When he turns into a huge parking lot and I suggest to park in the back where it is empty and no one will scratch the vehicle. He drives to the front rows, curses because there are people walking and people parking and we spend 5 minutes driving around there. Then he says he doesn't want his car scratched and then drives to the back and parks where I suggested.

And does this EVERY SINGLE TIME.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships