Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2019, 04:05 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Block these two drama queens and forget about the whole thing. Not your monkeys or your circus, as they say.
The man raped her 6 yrs ago....it’s so much more than their drama! If she could just forget she would of done that right after he raped her.....but that’s her problem....she has been unable to do that & ....that’s super serious emotional stuff....she needs some serious help for keeping it going & posting about him......6 yrs later!?!? It’s sad...........

Old 09-11-2019, 04:18 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,281,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
That is so messed up but it’s good you recognize it in yourself.....now the hard work of building yourself up.....& working on your self esteem.

You needed to block him after he raped you on the 1st date...so...this has lots more to do with self esteem & healing than being forgiving.......it’s serious stuff...

You don’t have to tell him off...I’m not confrontational either, but I would of closed the door *immediately* & never looked back. It is actions...not words....that tell us how it is.....walk away & block him.......& be done with it. You need to do some inner work......if you really stop to think about some of the stuff you have written.......hugs
It was not the first time I was assaulted. There were a few times.

I went to the police and sometimes they believed it and did their job. Other times, they sided with the guy.

Its not really relevant to this problem though. Im just trying to make the point Ive been the victim of crime many times. So when people on this forum act so shocked and agast when someone is here saying they were a crime victim, idk why? Is it that rare? Crimes occur all the time. Crime victims arent unicorns.

All crimes arent reported either. Most arent.

Old 09-11-2019, 04:21 PM

She just emailed me back. Seems she got my subtle threat. If they both stop, great. If not, drama will happen. I am hoping they both just stop, though.

Old 09-11-2019, 04:24 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post

I went to the police and sometimes they believed it and did their job. Other times, they sided with the guy.

Its not really relevant to this problem though. Im just trying to make the point Ive been the victim of crime many times. So when people on this forum act so shocked and agast when someone is here saying they were a crime victim, idk why? Is it that rare? Crimes occur all the time. Crime victims arent unicorns.

I’m shocked because you kept dating a man who raped you.....that’s awful & 6 yrs later you still don’t see just how awful it is.....or what you are writing......please get some additional help to work through this stuff.....

Old 09-11-2019, 04:25 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,203,228 times
Quote:

I went to the police sometimes, they believed it and did their job. Other times, they sided with the guy.

Yes, I'd say all that repeat "business" is pretty rare.

You seem to expect and accept it. You don't see that, do you? Shocked and aghast would be an improvement.

"Lightning strikes me again. Oh, well."

Old 09-11-2019, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzPaw View Post

You seem to expect and accept it. You don't see that, do you? Shocked and aghast would be an improvement.

Its just been the status quo of most of my life. I turned to my mom when I was a child and she told me to just pretend it didnt happen.

Ill try to get more motivated to protect myself.

Old 09-11-2019, 04:32 PM

137 posts, read 66,018 times
Quote:
She just emailed me back. Seems she got my subtle threat. If they both stop, great. If not, drama will happen. I am hoping they both just stop, though.
Why and how will drama happen? It will only happen if you allow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl
o when people on this forum act so shocked and agast when someone is here saying they were a crime victim, idk why?
People are more shocked that you would still willingly have anything to do with him after that. Honestly a lot of this comes across as near trolling. You have an advanced degree in therapy, yet you've never found one that works for you? And you are perplexed by these blindingly obvious horrendously toxic and self destructive people and patterns in your life?

However women being in love with their abusers and sticking around despite their better judgement is sadly very common. I will say at this point though, if you get into it with this other woman or your ex you will most likely reap what you sow. Block and ignore, or get dragged into some miserable drama.

I'm sensing you love this drama, despite what you claim otherwise.

Old 09-11-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzPaw View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAnythe View Post
Why and how will drama happen? It will only happen if you allow it.

People are more shocked that you would still willingly have anything to do with him after that. Honestly a lot of this comes across as near trolling. You have an advanced degree in therapy, yet you've never found one that works for you? And you are perplexed by these blindingly obvious horrendously toxic and self destructive people and patterns in your life?

However women being in love with their abusers and sticking around despite their better judgement is sadly very common. I will say at this point though, if you get into it with this other woman or your ex you will most likely reap what you sow. Block and ignore, or get dragged into some miserable drama.

I'm sensing you love this drama, despite what you claim otherwise.
Its not trolling. Ive been on this forum 6 years posting about similar problems.

You wont find an inconsistency in my posts because its all based on things that have happened to me. I dont have a good enough memory to remember what I posted 6 years ago and to be sure what I post today aligns with it, nor the time to waste to go back and refresh myself on my "trolling" thread, nor the motivation.

Its all real. A troll would have lost interest long ago or admitted to trolling.

People in real life have these problems. At least I do.

About the therapy thing, I took a psychological test. The MMPI-2. The results said people with my personality profile do not have good prognosis in therapy.

I took this test as part of my masters program in counseling. Being in therapy was a requirement of the program too. Its not very bizarre I dont think, nor trollish. Not if one is familiar with this field?

Old 09-11-2019, 04:47 PM

1,153 posts, read 567,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
The man raped her 6 yrs ago....it’s so much more than their drama! If she could just forget she would of done that right after he raped her.....but that’s her problem....she has been unable to do that & ....that’s super serious emotional stuff....she needs some serious help for keeping it going & posting about him......6 yrs later!?!? It’s sad...........
I didn't realise that. I'm sorry that happened to you moongirl00.

Old 09-11-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
I didn't realise that. I'm sorry that happened to you moongirl00.
Thank you, that is kind of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships