Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 10:41 AM

20,703 posts, read 19,857,782 times

Advertisements

I had a first date at Mastro's steakhouse Saturday and he spent $190 (refused to even let me pay the tip) and I was still hungry when we left. He was sick all day the day after. OMG.

We had 5 beers, 6oz steak (total joke but I didnt want to break the bank) and him 12oz steak and we shared the potatoes. $190!!!!!

I suggested a cheap bar for a drink but he wanted to go there and then he got sick!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2019, 10:47 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,263 posts, read 80,499,367 times
The figure of $195 in WA state seems a bit high as an average but then we don't do bars. The cost of craft beer and cocktails now, a bit of food and tips in cities like Seattle can add up to $195 real fast.

My wife and I have "Date Night" every other Friday. Typically we will just go out to dinner, and that rarely goes above $100. She doesn't drink and I would rarely have more than a pint of beer or glass of wine. Even dinner and a movie wouldn't be over $100 unless we went to a real expensive restaurant. The only "date" when we go over that is a Mariners baseball game, the total cost is well over $200 with tickets, parking and food.

Old 09-16-2019, 11:12 AM

2,066 posts, read 894,595 times
It isn't often that I get an online date with someone I really look forward to meeting, but it happened Friday night … dinner and comedy club …

Dinner (steakhouse) $90
Comedy Club (tickets) $57
Comedy Club (drinks) $36

So, about $183 plus it took me an hour and twenty minutes fighting Friday rush hour traffic to get there.

Next day, "You're a nice guy but your kids are to young, I don't want someone with that financial liability". From someone almost 60 that hasn't worked since Feb (severance, laid off) that rents a room in some woman's house ?

Dating on-line really sucks. Hard not to get bitter/jaded.

Old 09-16-2019, 11:26 AM

26,688 posts, read 41,597,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
It isn't often that I get an online date with someone I really look forward to meeting, but it happened Friday night … dinner and comedy club …

Dinner (steakhouse) $90
Comedy Club (drinks) $36

So, about $183 plus it took me an hour and twenty minutes fighting Friday rush hour traffic to get there.

Next day, "You're a nice guy but your kids are to young, I don't want someone with that financial liability". From someone almost 60 that hasn't worked since Feb (severance, laid off) that rents a room in some woman's house ?

This is why I’m sticking to a coffee date or a low cost bar for initial meets only. I would not have been that extensive for a first date.

Old 09-16-2019, 11:36 AM

1,153 posts, read 563,635 times
Quote:

Dinner (steakhouse) $90
Comedy Club (drinks) $36

I agree you're spending too much on a first date that may go nowhere. How about just having a couple of drinks instead?

Old 09-16-2019, 11:47 AM

51,964 posts, read 52,401,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
This is why I’m sticking to a coffee date or a low cost bar for initial meets only. I would not have been that extensive for a first date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
I agree you're spending too much on a first date that may go nowhere. How about just having a couple of drinks instead?
Yeah, I agree. Meet up for happy hour and have a drink or two. If you hit it off you could go to dinner or not, whatever works.

Shouldn't have to spend a lot of money.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:06 PM

733 posts, read 448,918 times
We go on date night every week, usually just a nice dinner and a long walk. That usually costs around $40 to $80 for two (he always pays). Both of us don’t drink alcohol. We sometimes went to a movie if there’s one that we really like or a comedy show. On special occasions like New Year Eve or birthdays or our anniversary, the tab can easily be $300 or more for two depending on what show or concert that follows dinner. I just took him out for his birthday, and dinner was $140 and $130 for a show. We usually stay in on Valentine’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and I cook a 5-10 courses meals. Midweek, we usually went to those hole-on-the-wall places, but still great like Taqueria, local Thai, Vietnamese, or a Hawaiian bbq place, and it’s under $25 for two. Take-out Chinese or pizzas and Netflix were great date nights for us too. I only cook about 3 nights a week. It’s mostly the company that make a great date. We’ve been with each other for 3 years, and it’s still fun.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:12 PM

4,038 posts, read 2,695,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
This is a solid plan!

Old 09-16-2019, 01:35 PM

17,269 posts, read 8,904,584 times
Quote:

Dinner (steakhouse) $90
Comedy Club (drinks) $36

Did she know about your kids before the date?

Old 09-16-2019, 02:35 PM

12,769 posts, read 18,306,392 times
NY is nuts. No man has spent that much on me. Sheesh where are they going, Peter Lugars?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships