Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 02:23 PM

20,328 posts, read 14,552,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Well, if you're pregnant they test you for "everything". So lots of people know whether or not they have something or caught something in the past.
Well, unless, as he says, you're an asymptomatic carrier. HSV in particular has a way of lying in wait for years in some individuals. You don't pop positive on a test unless you've become symptomatic. It can be a tricky one. But as a very good example though, when you said that somebody who has sex with the same individual over and over has a higher chance of catching something if they've got something to be caught, this is 100% true for HSV, which cannot be transmitted unless one is symptomatic or "shedding" the virus...people who have it can't pass it on most of the time. Even less so if they take that drug they came out with for it, which almost completely suppresses outbreaks, supposedly. Yay science!

So yeah, if you slept with somebody once and they were not contagious...you wouldn't catch it. But if you kept sleeping with them, then eventually...your risk goes up. As you say.

I don't have a partner count of 100, but it's a higher number than many people would be comfortable with. I can accept that, I don't have to be appealing to every single person. I had enough "options" when I wanted them, and I'm happily partnered now. But even when I was playin' it more casual, one night stands were pretty rare. I had a lot of FWB though, that sort of thing. *shrug* But yeah, it was the sheer number of partners I'd had, and the basic ODDS of it, that always made me surprised (I mean, I'm not complaining) that I got that lucky and didn't catch anything. I've read estimates as high as 20-25% of the adult population has HSV, counting also the "cold sores" kind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 03:14 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,537,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Do you have a link to support this? Because there are too many variables that come into play. If a person has hundred partners but uses condoms 100% of the time, their likelyhood of getting an STD drops down to almost zero. Same with the risk of pregnancy - it drops down to almost zero.

I have ruptured a few condoms..... it's best to use two bare minimum.....

Old 09-17-2019, 03:18 PM

1,153 posts, read 564,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
I have ruptured a few condoms..... it's best to use two bare minimum.....
I thought that using 2 makes breakage even more likely because of the friction between the two condoms.

Old 09-17-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
I thought that using 2 makes breakage even more likely because of the friction between the two condoms.
Maybe so maybe not you have to give me a( link ) on that but I know that in my individual circumstance , two condoms have never ruptured on me...

Old 09-17-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Maybe so maybe not you have to give me a( link ) on that but I know that in my individual circumstance , two condoms have never ruptured on me...
https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/2-condoms.html

(weird that the website appears to be called kids health?! lol.)

Old 09-17-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/2-condoms.html

(weird that the website appears to be called kids health?! lol.)

These kids why are kids these days using two condoms anyway? Well thank God the two never broke on me!!!

Old 09-17-2019, 04:20 PM

52,011 posts, read 52,464,357 times
All this condom talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RlBUEHQ7bY

Old 09-17-2019, 04:37 PM

11,143 posts, read 7,907,176 times
“Horny girl looking to date”.... What could possibly go wrong?

Old 09-17-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
“Horny girl looking to date”.... What could possibly go wrong?
It already has.

Old 09-17-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Are both of these ocean going Military Services ( The United States Coast Guard..... and the United States Navy considered sailors or just the United States Navy?

Austin Powers they go Port to Port.....LOL....

I Have served my country.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships