Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 09:04 AM

102 posts, read 46,390 times

Advertisements

Yeah fair enough. Time to move on. We communicated real well but barking up the wrong tree. There’s other fish in the sea...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2019, 10:05 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyupsidedown19 View Post
Yeah fair enough. Time to move on. We communicated real well but barking up the wrong tree. There’s other fish in the sea...
No, you had her for a minute. Then you just stalled. Should of netted her.

See, you can have one on the line but eventually they will get away.

In your case she gave you a lot of chances even with a boyfriend. She wanted you to take her away from him. She wanted you to say, “If you didn’t have a boyfriend we would be going to dinner tonight.”

After you just kept texting like a buddy she kept what she had and moved you to ‘friendzone.’

Old 09-19-2019, 12:34 PM

372 posts, read 456,032 times
In the future, if you want things to go to the next step rather than fizzle, you might consider giving your attention to girls who don't already have boy friends.

Old 09-19-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
No, you had her for a minute. Then you just stalled. Should of netted her.

See, you can have one on the line but eventually they will get away.

In your case she gave you a lot of chances even with a boyfriend. She wanted you to take her away from him. She wanted you to say, “If you didn’t have a boyfriend we would be going to dinner tonight.”

After you just kept texting like a buddy she kept what she had and moved you to ‘friendzone.’
I actually did say something like that and that’s how I got shot down. Yes staying away from girls without bfs is the best. Unfortunately at my age most are taken.

Old 09-19-2019, 05:34 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
I actually did say something like that and that’s how I got shot down. Yes staying away from girls without bfs is the best. Unfortunately at my age most are taken.
Girls will look for better guys. Don’t let them fool you.

If they are not happy in their present relationship they will be looking.

As soon as they find a potential prospect they dump their current boyfriend and pursue the other guy. I have seen this happen a lot.

Old 09-19-2019, 05:49 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
I’m sorry I did a poor job of explaining. After a few weeks I admitted I liked her and she just said not interested in that way /moving forward to date. Maybe I was too slow... obv not talking anymore
She liked to talk to you as a friend, ONLY.

Quote:
Oh I forgot to mention she has a boyfriend. But she was talking to me a lot. Maybe she just liked the attention?
Why did you told her that you liked her "that way"? She had a BF and you were only a txt buddy.
Not sure why wasn't that clear to you from the beginning...

Old 09-19-2019, 05:52 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:

As soon as they find a potential prospect they dump their current boyfriend and pursue the other guy. I have seen this happen a lot.
Well, that also means they would drop OP as soon someone better cross their path. Most of those girls aren't worth the attention.

Old 09-19-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:

Well maybe worked out for the best. Sounds like she’s trolling her experiences with me on another forum. That’s a kick below the belt.

I never mocked her just wanted to understand better. Would you call out on her trolling ids at another site (to the moderators) if she was mocking you from fake names making up some bs story about you?

Last edited by screwyupsidedown19; 09-19-2019 at 08:12 PM..

Old 09-28-2019, 07:33 PM

Funny I barely even knew this person but I miss talking to them. I feel really pathetic.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:14 AM

575 posts, read 338,719 times
Quote:
Well maybe worked out for the best. Sounds like she’s trolling her experiences with me on another forum. That’s a kick below the belt.
Dude, you just dodged the bullet !

Count your blessings that things didn't emotionally escalate further than now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships