Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 01:16 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cell jin View Post

Meanwhile men as young as their late 20s are being told they they are not young anymore and that women 5 years younger than them would find them too old?
This is not even happening.

Moving on ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2019, 01:32 PM

1,153 posts, read 567,140 times
This is an imagined issue, perhaps a manifestation of your general anxieties about growing older. See a therapist if you are this insecure about it.

Old 09-22-2019, 02:48 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Right. But what would feel unfair about it to me is, again, that women my age and even older than me are still considered to be sexually attractive, by both men my age and younger men. Meanwhile men as young as their late 20s are being told they they are not young anymore and that women 5 years younger than them would find them too old? Wouldn't you find this insulting and degrading if the genders were reversed?
Do you honestly believe that there are no men over 30 who are considered sexually attractive who don’t look young for their age? You never see men with graying hair and beards and aging faces being promoted as sex symbols? Once again, I think you are mainly just afraid of reaching a point where 25 year old women won’t find you sexually attractive.

Old 09-22-2019, 02:56 PM

193 posts, read 92,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Do you honestly believe that there are no men over 30 who are considered sexually attractive who don’t look young for their age? You never see men with graying hair and beards and aging faces being promoted as sex symbols? Once again, I think you are mainly just afraid of reaching a point where 25 year old women won’t find you sexually attractive.
But that's the thing, I am of the opinion that 25 year old women not finding me sexually attractive would be a sign that women my age don't find me sexually attractive either, or, at the very least, don't find me sexually attractive the way they do younger guys. I don't think that sexual preferences are based on age. If a woman is considered sexy by 35 year old men, you can bet 25 year old men find her sexy too.

Old 09-22-2019, 03:00 PM

1,246 posts, read 823,333 times
Quote:
But that's the thing, I am of the opinion that 25 year old women not finding me sexually attractive would be a sign that women my age don't find me sexually attractive either, or, at the very least, don't find me sexually attractive the way they do younger guys. I don't think that sexual preferences are based on age. If a woman is considered sexy by 35 year old men, you can bet 25 year old men find her sexy too.
What do you expect will happen when you are 50?

Old 09-22-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffle View Post
What do you expect will happen when you are 50?
I think women my age generally won't find me physically attractive anymore. But they will no longer be considered very attractive either.

Old 09-22-2019, 03:07 PM

1,153 posts, read 567,140 times
You're getting your knickers in a twist for literally no reason. We all age and we all stop being considered hot by 20 year olds at some point. By then you might have met your life partner anyway, someone who hopefully still finds you attractive.

Old 09-22-2019, 03:09 PM

1,246 posts, read 823,333 times
Quote:
I think women my age generally won't find me physically attractive anymore. But they will no longer be considered very attractive either.
And how would that make you feel?

Old 09-22-2019, 03:09 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
So basically you think that women just “settle” for men who aren’t in the “younger men” category? They don’t really find them sexually attractive, but they have sex with them just because they have other good qualities?

Old 09-22-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
So basically you think that women just “settle” for men who aren’t in the “younger men” category? They don’t really find them sexually attractive, but they have sex with them just because they have other good qualities?
That's kinda what it seems like based on society's assumptions (and women's sexual behavior tbh). I mean, one of the replies here even stated that the reason women my age would pick a guy my age over a 20 year old is because the guy my age is financially stable and ready to settle down. Couple that with all the people suggesting that 25 year old women would find a guy my age to be old. Read between the lines: men over 30 are not sexually attractive to women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships