Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2019, 12:46 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,278,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Yes, you're absolutely right! I used to be baffled about how and why men would so easily be with a woman who was not attracted to him. Why they didn't care. Well many don't care if she's attracted to him. They just want a pretty woman and they *hope* one day she will be attracted to him, but it's not necessary. And some of these men will pay for her to be with him too and for some, marrying her and having children/family with her is quite alright too. As long as she's pretty, nice, faithful and stays with him, it's ALL good!
Many of these men might be old and or unattractive, and not delusional about their sex appeal. Like Anna Nicole Smiths husband, could he really delude himself a beautiful young woman like Anna found him sexually appealing? I guess as long as he was enjoying himself, it didnt matter?

Old 10-06-2019, 12:49 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
Many of these men might be old and or unattractive, and not delusional about their sex appeal. Like Anna Nicole Smiths husband, could he really delude himself a beautiful young woman like Anna found him sexually appealing? I guess as long as he was enjoying himself, it didnt matter?

Yes, that's right. If there is a woman who will do it and go along with it, more power to them all.

Old 10-06-2019, 12:49 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times
Quote:
Yes, you're absolutely right! I used to be baffled about how and why men would so easily be with a woman who was not attracted to him. Why they didn't care. Well many don't care if she's attracted to him. They just want a pretty woman and they *hope* one day she will be attracted to him, but it's not necessary. And some of these men will pay for her to be with him too and for some, marrying her and having children/family with her is quite alright. As long as she's pretty, nice, faithful and stays with him, it's ALL good! Arranged marriages takes all the work, guessing and unknown out of the equation and makes it easy in a certain way. Everyone knows what they are supposed to do, their role, and there are no messy emotions involved.

This may come as a shock to you but most prostitutes and strippers end up married too WHILE they are still in the profession.

Meh....it’s not going to make a good marriage IMO.....sugar baby...stripper....prostitute....& most guys looking for prostitutes & sugar babies are probably already married & just want something on the side because there is no intimacy at home.......

But it’s no shock.....or not my business what people do.......just my advice to O.P. that.....it’s not a good way to find a stable relationship......date in the normal way for that.....

Old 10-06-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Meh....it’s not going to make a good marriage IMO.....sugar baby...stripper....prostitute....& most guys looking for prostitutes & sugar babies are probably already married & just want something on the side because there is no intimacy at home.......

I never said it would make a GOOD marriage. A good marriage is a whole other topic. The OP asked, who is obviously already engaging in being a sugar baby, so she's not easily offended or insulted by such things.

Old 10-06-2019, 01:27 PM

4,021 posts, read 3,301,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
Really? I didnt know this. Interesting. Id like to know more, and why this is. It seems the govt does invest a lot of manpower into cracking down on sex workers and johns. I wonder why they prioritize this over certain other crimes.

I think there is a multitude of reasons the government cracks down on sex work. Some of it is quality of life issues. If you have hookers walking the streets looking for johns, women (and especially young girls) who aren't actually sex workers are going to be mistaken by johns as sex workers and solicited for sex which for the non-sex worker is just sexual harassment.

Second there is the issue of how volitional the choice is to enter sex work. If you look at say the women working in Asian Massage Parlors its unclear just how many have been sex trafficked. These women don't have great language skills, so if the people who brought them over here take their passports and demand that they repay the cost of getting them over here, these women may not be in the position to say no to option. Because its difficult to tell which women are trafficked and which ones aren't again, the bureaucracy is going to shut them all down.

But even among women who speak English clearly its not always clear how volitional there choices are. If you look at the restrictions of the women in the legal brothels in Nevada, its not clear that these women aren't being pimped. (The house pretty much determines everything these women do.)

Are there women who have agency over there lives doing sex work, I am pretty sure that there are. But I also think its pretty likely that a lot of the women who are doing it don't have much agency here either. Moreover the bureaucracy isn't good at differentiating between the two so it vacillates between crack downs to protect women and ignoring the problem depending on the jurisdiction.

Old 10-06-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Yes, you're absolutely right! I used to be baffled about how and why men would so easily be with a woman who was not attracted to him. Why they didn't care. Well many don't care if she's attracted to him. They just want a pretty woman and they *hope* one day she will be attracted to him, but it's not necessary. And some of these men will pay for her to be with him too and for some, marrying her and having children/family with her is quite alright too. As long as she's pretty, nice, faithful and stays with him, it's ALL good! Arranged marriages takes all the work, guessing and unknown out of the equation and makes it easy in a certain way. Everyone knows what they are supposed to do, their role, and there are no messy emotions involved.
If you are the only man a woman is having sex with, there is a fairly substantial percent of the female population where the regular release of oxytocin from sex and orgasm is going to make these women start to have feelings for the guy. So I think this the mechanism that allows feelings to start in arranged marriages.

Also I realize its annoying for women to be pressured for sex, but tactically if you are a guy the sooner you start having sex with her regularly, generally it changes her feelings toward you. So say you have bad credit or some other issue you think she might not be enthusiastic about dating you for it. If you tell her about your issues before you have sex, she is much more likely to say to herself, what kind of woman do you think I am that I would date someone with bad credit (or another other issue), but after you have had sex regularly that same issue will now be treated, as well I am not excited about the bad credit, but I love him and I am sure we can work through this. So the incentive for guys is to push for sex before you actually know the guy very well.

I realize that women's bodies are women's bodies to do whatever they want with them. But I also think women don't give enough thought to how sleeping quickly with a guy affects their decision making.

Old 10-06-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
If you are the only man a woman is having sex with, there is a fairly substantial percent of the female population where the regular release of oxytocin from sex and orgasm is going to make these women start to have feelings for the guy. So I think this the mechanism that allows feelings to start in arranged marriages.

Also I realize its annoying for women to be pressured for sex, but tactically if you are a guy the sooner you start having sex with her regularly, generally it changes her feelings toward you. So say you have bad credit or some other issue you think she might not be enthusiastic about dating you for it. If you tell her about your issues before you have sex, she is much more likely to say to herself, what kind of woman do you think I am that I would date someone with bad credit (or another other issue), but after you have had sex regularly that same issue will now be treated, as well I am not excited about the bad credit, but I love him and I am sure we can work through this. So the incentive for guys is to push for sex before you actually know the guy very well.

I realize that women's bodies are women's bodies to do whatever they want with them. But I also think women don't give enough thought to how sleeping quickly with a guy affects their decision making.

I agree.
Still... I never let some oogre trick me into bed. LMAO!

Old 10-06-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
I agree.
Still... I never let some oogre trick me into bed. LMAO!
Good for you!

Old 10-06-2019, 02:11 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times
Quote:
I never said it would make a GOOD marriage. A good marriage is a whole other topic. The OP asked, who is obviously already engaging in being a sugar baby, so she's not easily offended or insulted by such things.

She is probably not offended if she is asking if a sugar daddy is husband material....ita....but I still say it’s a super bad choice.....

E d I t: why would she *want* a sugar daddy as a husband....that’s the thing....

Old 10-06-2019, 02:14 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,278,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
I think there is a multitude of reasons the government cracks down on sex work. Some of it is quality of life issues. If you have hookers walking the streets looking for johns, women (and especially young girls) who aren't actually sex workers are going to be mistaken by johns as sex workers and solicited for sex which for the non-sex worker is just sexual harassment.

Second there is the issue of how volitional the choice is to enter sex work. If you look at say the women working in Asian Massage Parlors its unclear just how many have been sex trafficked. These women don't have great language skills, so if the people who brought them over here take their passports and demand that they repay the cost of getting them over here, these women may not be in the position to say no to option. Because its difficult to tell which women are trafficked and which ones aren't again, the bureaucracy is going to shut them all down.

But even among women who speak English clearly its not always clear how volitional there choices are. If you look at the restrictions of the women in the legal brothels in Nevada, its not clear that these women aren't being pimped. (The house pretty much determines everything these women do.)

Are there women who have agency over there lives doing sex work, I am pretty sure that there are. But I also think its pretty likely that a lot of the women who are doing it don't have much agency here either. Moreover the bureaucracy isn't good at differentiating between the two so it vacillates between crack downs to protect women and ignoring the problem depending on the jurisdiction.
You must score high on agreeableness. All these reasons are based on the assumption the government has peoples best interests in mind, especially vulnerable populations. I hope so.

I had a more sinister theory, but your reasons sound better.

Human trafficking is a huge problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships