Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 07:56 AM

1 posts, read 401 times

Advertisements

Been with my SO for almost 7 years and the one thing that has really come up too many times that caused either a rift or sometimes a brief breakup has been the financial lies and in particular, saying something that doesn't really reflect how bad it is or not saying anything at all when the information is very relevant.

I know my SO loves me very much and is good for me in some respects but the last fight was it for me....I feel like we are really stuck in a cycle despite my SO's promises to change.

I haven't been perfect myself in that b/c of the lies, I fight back b/c I don't know how else to deal with it.

The bottom line is that I believe my SO despite the good heart and loving me, has an issue with the outside appearance of things and this is just another example.

So....here we go again. My SO asks how will the SO show me that there has been change in transparency unless we are together again? I say I don't want to get back together unless and until I see change. Who's right and who is wrong?

I've been hurt so many times by the lies I don't know if to give another chance or if I do, how I go about it.

if anyone has any thoughts I'd appreciate you sharing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2019, 08:10 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
"Here we go again," indeed.

End it, block contact, move forward. The end.

If you keep letting him mess with your head, you're ruining your own life. Just stop.

Old 09-22-2019, 08:24 AM

2,048 posts, read 2,155,750 times
Hon, your adult children hate him for a reason. Listen to them. And listen to the many posters here who have advised you as to this boyfriend over your many "first" posts. Do NOT let him back in your life.

Old 09-22-2019, 08:28 AM

599 posts, read 263,146 times
When a relationship becomes toxic, there's little you can do. Your OP is a little confusing without pronouns. In any case I gather you have tried, failed and are on a cycle that keeps getting worse. When the trust is gone, its over.

Old 09-22-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallouise View Post
Hon, your adult children hate him for a reason. Listen to them. And listen to the many posters here who have advised you as to this boyfriend over your many "first" posts. Do NOT let him back in your life.
Am I missing something, isn't this the first post???? Who has advised before when this is the first post?

Old 09-22-2019, 08:48 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,344,993 times

Old 09-22-2019, 09:05 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,136 times
I thought you said a couple of days ago that you were done with him? WHY are you still asking these questions? WHY have you NOT blocked him already and moved on?

Look, do what you want. It's really clear to everyone here who has repeatedly tried for years to tell you what you need to do, that you obviously enjoy this drama and merry go round and you'll never stop this. So, do what you want.

Old 09-22-2019, 09:33 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,344,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty99 View Post
Am I missing something, isn't this the first post???? Who has advised before when this is the first post?
No, this person creates 2 or 3 new identities a week and posts the same story each and every time.

Old 09-22-2019, 09:37 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Believetooearly View Post
Been with my SO for almost 7 years and the one thing that has really come up too many times that caused either a rift or sometimes a brief breakup has been the financial lies and in particular, saying something that doesn't really reflect how bad it is or not saying anything at all when the information is very relevant.

I know my SO loves me very much and is good for me in some respects but the last fight was it for me....I feel like we are really stuck in a cycle despite my SO's promises to change.

I haven't been perfect myself in that b/c of the lies, I fight back b/c I don't know how else to deal with it.

The bottom line is that I believe my SO despite the good heart and loving me, has an issue with the outside appearance of things and this is just another example.

So....here we go again. My SO asks how will the SO show me that there has been change in transparency unless we are together again? I say I don't want to get back together unless and until I see change. Who's right and who is wrong?

I've been hurt so many times by the lies I don't know if to give another chance or if I do, how I go about it.

if anyone has any thoughts I'd appreciate you sharing.
The bolded is not what you told us last week. You said he's abusive of you and caused bruises after the last fight. The advice you get here will not change, no matter how many threads you start.

Old 09-22-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
No, this person creates 2 or 3 new identities a week and posts the same story each and every time.
Oh, gotcha. I only drive by a few times a week so I missed that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships