Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 12:48 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,083,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxField View Post
Thanks. But hasn't the ship sailed already? I mean I've already started distancing myself from her and she has noticed it too. Wouldn't it be weird for me to pursue her again? She might think I'm borderline
Eh, it probably wouldn't hurt.

People cut conversations short for all types of reasons.

The VP here at work, most days, he'll totally ignore me, but other days, he'll come up and be friendly.

I know that in reality he sees me in a negative light, but that's not always apparent.

So, you can just pick up one day, and make like the times you were curt with her were just an abberation, maybe you were busy those days.

Based on what you wrote, there is a strong possibility she is not interested. It does never hurt to ask, but don't think you're losing anything by not. You still barely know her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2019, 08:11 PM

1,238 posts, read 820,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxField View Post
I didn't.
Then it's a bit out of left field to give her the cold shoulder, IMO.

Old 09-23-2019, 10:33 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Why are you comparing notes about length of time between texts with her and another guy at the gym?
She might’ve found out.

Old 09-23-2019, 11:56 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
If you ask her out and she declines, will you still go to that gym? If she was interested, she'd make it clear she was interested by being more receptive to your overtures. Move on.

Or... ask her if she has any single friends she can fix you up with. She might be happy to get rid of you and you might get a new girlfriend

Old 09-24-2019, 05:33 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
She initiated every conversation and you ended each one? Well of course she got tired of waiting for YOU to do something! She figured that despite the good conversations you weren't feeling it since you never took the next step or even thought enough of her to initiate a conversation. You sat back and let her do all the work...do better in your next "relationship!

Old 09-25-2019, 04:07 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
She initiated every conversation and you ended each one? Well of course she got tired of waiting for YOU to do something! She figured that despite the good conversations you weren't feeling it since you never took the next step or even thought enough of her to initiate a conversation. You sat back and let her do all the work...do better in your next "relationship!
Exactly.

Then he starts thinking about her afterwards.

Old 09-25-2019, 08:34 AM

741 posts, read 440,888 times
Step 1: Put the phone down and go talk to her face to face.

Step 2: See how things go from there.

Old 09-25-2019, 04:43 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,278,243 times
Borderline? If you have a rage attack over nothing, perhaps, but you havent done that.

Just try to talk to her again. Face to face. Worst thing to happen is she ll be cold and distant, then probably you should move on. But she might be happy to have you talking to her again otoh.

Old 09-26-2019, 02:09 PM

38 posts, read 30,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
If you ask her out and she declines, will you still go to that gym? If she was interested, she'd make it clear she was interested by being more receptive to your overtures. Move on.

Or... ask her if she has any single friends she can fix you up with. She might be happy to get rid of you and you might get a new girlfriend
Yes I would still go. But I would be embarrassed as hell because she would definitely someone and the word will get out

Old 09-26-2019, 02:56 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I think it's a good idea right now to limit everything to hi, bye, and social chit chat. If she really felt like you were stalking her she would have stopped going to this gym.

I myself can take days to respond to text messages so I wonder if she's just not really into texting. I don't like it as a form of communication, I prefer phone calls or emails.

Unless you actually asked her on a date, she may see no reason to respond back.

But she initiated most of the texts.

OP, since you really like her, would it be so bad to just ask her something like "Hey, I sense that somehow, things took a left turn in our communication. It seems awkward...am I wrong?" And see what she says.

Who knows, maybe since you were always the one to end the conversations before, she got the idea you weren't interested in her, and she didn't want to be a bother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships