Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 01:04 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,746,472 times

Advertisements

When you match with someone on OKCupid and then there is no conversation that follows. Why would someone who is serious about meeting now start a conversation? i guess this is all the things you can expect to happen in the online dating site world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2019, 01:11 PM

1,241 posts, read 820,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
When you match with someone on OKCupid and then there is no conversation that follows. Why would someone who is serious about meeting now start a conversation? i guess this is all the things you can expect to happen in the online dating site world.
Not sure I understand.. are you saying you matched, sent a message, and got no response? Either they changed their mind about you, or weren't interested in the message you sent. Or the profile is inactive, and they never even saw your message.

I disagree that this makes the profile fake - a fake/spam profile would be more likely to respond (usually in broken English) since they are trying to get something from you.

Old 09-22-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffle View Post
Not sure I understand.. are you saying you matched, sent a message, and got no response? Either they changed their mind about you, or weren't interested in the message you sent. Or the profile is inactive, and they never even saw your message.

I disagree that this makes the profile fake - a fake/spam profile would be more likely to respond (usually in broken English) since they are trying to get something from you.
Saw this lady's profile who seemed like someone I would go for and I was then notified it was a mutual match and once I started the conversation with Hello how are you doing today? I never get a response?

Old 09-22-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Saw this lady's profile who seemed like someone I would go for and I was then notified it was a mutual match and once I started the conversation with Hello how are you doing today? I never get a response?
She may get a lot of matches. Have you considered sending more personal message explaining what you liked about her profile, and asking her something specific about one of your common interests? (This is general advice, not suggesting that you follow up now with this one.)

Old 09-22-2019, 01:30 PM

1,153 posts, read 566,890 times
No this does not necessarily mean it is fake. She could be busy.

Also, 'Hello how are you doing today?' is a bit of a boring message. I agree with what riffle said.

Old 09-22-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
No this does not necessarily mean it is fake. She could be busy.

Also, 'Hello how are you doing today?' is a bit of a boring message. I agree with what riffle said.
well what else should the 1st message be besides hello and how are you? I have also said How is your sunday going?

Old 09-22-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
well what else should the 1st message be besides hello and how are you? I have also said How is your sunday going?
Where does the conversation usually go after you open with "how are you?"

Old 09-22-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Where does the conversation usually go after you open with "how are you?"
How is your Sunday going I thought is a good way to open things up. Or maybe I should say something sexual?

Old 09-22-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
How is your Sunday going I thought is a good way to open things up. Or maybe I should say something sexual?
No, I definitely wouldn't do that.

What I asked was, where does the conversation usually go after you open with "how are you?" Or is this the first time you've used online dating?

Did you read post #4?

Old 09-22-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
No, I definitely wouldn't do that.

What I asked was, where does the conversation usually go after you open with "how are you?" Or is this the first time you've used online dating?

Did you read post #4?

Well I would expect someone to say I am fine and talk about how their weekend was? Why would that be so hard for someone to answer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships