Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 10:42 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Well, OP, how much value do you put on "pretty". How much do you value the social status of walking around with a young hot babe on your arm?

If you have lots of money and she has very little money, yes, you will pay for almost everything unless you limit your dates to walks in the park and free gallery openings. She isn't going to pay for her own dinner at a restaurant she can' afford or pay her own way for a ski trip to Switzerland. If you want to go and want her with you, then you will pay.

There is a very high chance that someone will take her out and pay for her way. If it is not you, it will be someone else.

Your choice.
True.

I think OP has an issue about money, he should go for an older woman with a high paying career. Women in their late 30s and 40s tend to be earning more than women just out of college. It should not be a surprise to any man that a 25 year old doesn't have tons of money.

Old 09-23-2019, 10:45 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,025,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Imagine the heads that would be exploding if the title of the thread was “Hot guy, with no money”.

When I was younger, (in my late teens/early 20s) I didn't give much consideration to how much money a guy made. It was good that they HAD jobs, but I wasn't thinking about living off their largesse. I was working, they all worked, it's all good.

Probably the least wealthy guy was the VERY HOT musician/factory worker. The wealthiest, probably my husband (who pays for nearly everything when we go out.) Although, I was in my 40's when I met him.

Old 09-23-2019, 11:47 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxalleycat View Post
I met this tall, athletic hot, pretty girl at the bar. The problem is that she has no money.

No stable source of income, or minimum wage jobs/work history: retail . Lives in an apartment. Bachelors in Arts in Social Work.

Can I absolutely assume that she is a broke girl that will handicap my wallet? Break the bank? Everytime we go out to eat, or go to shopping mall, I have to pay for everything.

Should I move on to find ''better'' options? Girls with better stable income/work history or stick with the current girl that is broke.

Will it work out long-term?
Ok, so you met her at a bar. And? Have you gone on an actual date yet? Is she even interested in you? This might not even be a problem that you have to worry about.

Old 09-23-2019, 11:47 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxalleycat View Post
I met this tall, athletic hot, pretty girl at the bar. The problem is that she has no money.

No stable source of income, or minimum wage jobs/work history: retail . Lives in an apartment. Bachelors in Arts in Social Work.

Can I absolutely assume that she is a broke girl that will handicap my wallet? Break the bank? Everytime we go out to eat, or go to shopping mall, I have to pay for everything.

Should I move on to find ''better'' options? Girls with better stable income/work history or stick with the current girl that is broke.

Will it work out long-term?
No finance, no romance. Simple as that.

Old 09-23-2019, 12:05 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,870,831 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

I remember one particular instance out clubbing with my "baron friend" (we used to go clubbing a lot from 2008-2013, this is a separate instance to the one prior) when one girl (lets call her M) turned me down, initial rejection was "your taller than me but in heels" (she was almost the same height as me in them) then later, drunk throws herself over me, and says "your nice and good looking but I only date rich guys" went off and flirted with my mate who wasn't interested.

I've countless stories like this if you want?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-23-2019 at 12:48 PM..

Old 09-23-2019, 12:15 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
[Snip.]

I remember one particular instance out clubbing with my "baron friend" (we used to go clubbing a lot from 2008-2013, this is a separate instance to the one prior) when one girl (lets call her M) turned me down, initial rejection was "your taller than me but in heels" (she was almost the same height as me in them) then later, drunk throws herself over me, and says "your nice and good looking but I only date rich guys" went off and flirted with my mate who wasn't interested.

I've countless stories like this if you want?

Countless stories in which you are the common denominator to attracting and wanting gold digging women, and yet what have you learned?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-23-2019 at 12:48 PM..

Old 09-23-2019, 12:49 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times
It's no surprise this thread turned into a mess of gender-bashing (by both sides) and personal attacks. The thread has been cleaned up and it will remain closed.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships