Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 01:24 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Are you two still going out tonight or what? Inquiring minds want to know.
Yes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2019, 02:50 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,072,247 times
Are you ever going to name the "other" culture this guy is from?

Old 10-04-2019, 03:29 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Oh I see, so the issue here is that I didn’t make a thread about a condom breaking and how I didn’t take plan B so that I can be torn apart to shreds even further on here. I’m starting to realize I’m just the entertainment at this point.
Being so careless about accidental pregnancies is not a laughing matter to me.

Old 10-04-2019, 03:46 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Oh I see, so the issue here is that I didn’t make a thread about a condom breaking and how I didn’t take plan B so that I can be torn apart to shreds even further on here. I’m starting to realize I’m just the entertainment at this point.

No, it's just so weird to be reading along about a guy you seem unsure about and then noticed you casually drop in the idea that you wouldn't mind finding yourself pregnant with his child.

Old 10-04-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

No, it's just so weird to be reading along about a guy you seem unsure about and then noticed you casually drop in the idea that you wouldn't mind finding yourself pregnant with his child.
Sorry it’s weird for you

Old 10-04-2019, 03:57 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times
Quote:
Sorry it’s weird for you
It's weird for a lot of us.

Old 10-04-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Being so careless about accidental pregnancies is not a laughing matter to me.
As someone else pointed out, no contraception is 100%, so in my opinion it’s pretty careless to have sex thinking that it will definitely not result in pregnancy, every time I have sex I know pregnancy is possibility (however slight it may be), I assume a man in his mid 40’s has enough life experience and sense to think the same. He never asked me if I was on birth control, so I had no need to share that I wasn’t.

Old 10-04-2019, 04:11 PM

20,382 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Quote:
As someone else pointed out, no contraception is 100%, so in my opinion it’s pretty careless to have sex thinking that it will definitely not result in pregnancy, every time I have sex I know pregnancy is possibility (however slight it may be), I assume a man in his mid 40’s has enough life experience and sense to think the same. He never asked me if I was on birth control, so I had no need to share that I wasn’t.
Yes, and the first part about how you thought about it, and you would tell him, and regardless of his response you feel you could manage...OK, well at least you've thought about it. Not judging you on that bit.

Not talking about it, that is actually pretty common, though I don't believe it should be. I think it's a conversation more people ought to be having.

But the part that is weird to me and others, I think, is that having a child is a rather big deal. It's life altering, in some major ways. The level of anxiety over an offhand comment or phrase seems huge from what you say here, and the level of anxiety about devoting the next couple decades of your life to raising a child is nonexistent, and for most of us, the latter is a far bigger deal than the former.

It's like watching someone have a meltdown over a Starbucks barista mispronouncing their name, and then seeing them act with complete chill five minutes later when someone totals their car pulling out of the parking lot.

Old 10-04-2019, 04:15 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
Quote:
This is not the issue at hand.

It's the fact that you see nothing wrong with potentially bearing his child via accident, yet you're freaking out and not communicating with him over an off handed comment. Your alarm bells are going off over the wrong things. THAT is what's not sense to people. Your priorities are screwed up.

Last edited by Auraliea; 10-04-2019 at 04:36 PM..

Old 10-04-2019, 07:08 PM

137 posts, read 65,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
This is not the issue at hand.

It's the fact that you see nothing wrong with potentially bearing his child via accident, yet you're freaking out and not communicating with him over an off handed comment. Your alarm bells are going off over the wrong things. THAT is what's not sense to people. Your priorities are screwed up.
This is exactly it. She says she is financially all set and can raise a child on her own, as if throwing money at a child is all it takes to raise one. "Whatever happens, happens" is about as disastrous a plan for having and raising kids and exercising one's reproductive rights and responsibilities as one can get.

Bebe what will you do when your child says far more strange and inscrutable things than "you have nice eyebrows" or "you are more beautiful than Billy's mommy, more beautiful than think you are"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships