Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 08:42 AM

749 posts, read 580,342 times

Advertisements

Girls look Less attractive, less pretty to me with piercings in noses. So many tattoos make the girls less prettY not more. Girls do not appreciate the natural beauty of their faces and skin.

If this is the only thing you don't like about the girl, let it go, unless it interferes with making out.

Old 10-05-2019, 09:23 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
“Very, very different worlds” is not what I addressed, which was the claim that people with facial piercings don’t go anywhere in life. And what does “very, very different worlds” even mean? I know women in white collar professions that have nose piercings, but I also live in NorCal. Even when I lived in SoCal, tattoos and piercings are pretty common among <35 crowd working in tech. So perhaps you mean some other world or very specific professions. Maybe Wall Street or c-suite execs or more conservative parts of the country.
Ha - you think NYC is conservative - try the south and midwest. People have tats and piercings but unless they have some other outstanding "skill" they would most likely be considered trashy. Coders can get away with ish because they are thought of as nerdy loners and "just let them be and do their thing in some corner away from the client". Business analysts and managers? Much different standard.

Old 10-05-2019, 09:39 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Ha - you think NYC is conservative - try the south and midwest. People have tats and piercings but unless they have some other outstanding "skill" they would most likely be considered trashy. Coders can get away with ish because they are thought of as nerdy loners and "just let them be and do their thing in some corner away from the client". Business analysts and managers? Much different standard.
I didn’t say NYC is conservative. I was referring to the line of work that is “very, very different” from the rest of the world. And I’ve lived in various parts of the South. I guess I never concerned myself with others’ opinions, whether I lived in VA, NC, GA, or CA. It’s fine not to like something. It’s erroneous to make baseless assumptions and sweeping generalizations.

Is the only definition of “do something with their life” business analysts and finance? I had no idea.

Old 10-05-2019, 07:08 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Wow. You are comparing a person with a tiny nose stud to a neo-Nazi. Okay then.
Wow.
You are making huge leaps of logic and nonsense.

Old 10-05-2019, 07:09 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
And this is because...? This person literally put small facial piercings on the same level as tattoos of hate symbols. So do explain why you think that's a good thing.
Is this fake self-righteous outrage or are you being serious?

Reading comprehension is your friend.

Sadly, there's a good chance this poster is proving my point.

Old 10-05-2019, 07:11 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,306,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Is this fake self-righteous outrage or are you being serious?

Reading comprehension is your friend.

Sadly, there's a good chance this poster is proving my point.
Kettle meet pot.

Old 10-05-2019, 07:25 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,280,819 times
My field is a creative field and as I said I have a tat and piercing. I honestly wanted to get more but my parents reacted with such horror to my tattoo (I got it when I was 18), that I didnt just to spare them the trauma.

I find body mods very attractive. I love tattoed guys. Women have a harder time pulling it off. Its easy to cross the line to trashy, otherwise it can add to her hotness.

I think it comes down to personal preference. If you want a safe at home conservative girl, obviously a girl with the personality style to have body mods wont be an option.

Ive heard guys say they look for the tattooed girls to find an easy lay, but I dont think its necessarily a correlation.

Old 10-05-2019, 07:32 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,306,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
My field is a creative field and as I said I have a tat and piercing. I honestly wanted to get more but my parents reacted with such horror to my tattoo (I got it when I was 18), that I didnt just to spare them the trauma.

I find body mods very attractive. I love tattoed guys. Women have a harder time pulling it off. Its easy to cross the line to trashy, otherwise it can add to her hotness.

I think it comes down to personal preference. If you want a safe at home conservative girl, obviously a girl with the personality style to have body mods wont be an option.

Ive heard guys say they look for the tattooed girls to find an easy lay, but I dont think its necessarily a correlation.
I would say life baggage increases with body modification. Its not a one to one correlation, but in general, the more stuff someone does to there body, the more bs they dealt with in life. Although with tattoos the tattoo itself will often kind of give you a warning of the nature of the baggage. So it might be a tattoo of the brother who died in a car accident so it is useful to ask about the tattoos as a quick way of figuring out what they mean to her and why this moment was significant to them.

Also a red flag for me, doesn't mean don't date but it does mean look damn carefully before you leap.

Old 10-05-2019, 07:45 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,280,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
I would say life baggage increases with body modification. Its not a one to one correlation, but in general, the more stuff someone does to there body, the more bs they dealt with in life. Although with tattoos the tattoo itself will often kind of give you a warning of the nature of the baggage. So it might be a tattoo of the brother who died in a car accident so it is useful to ask about the tattoos as a quick way of figuring out what they mean to her and why this moment was significant to them.

Also a red flag for me, doesn't mean don't date but it does mean look damn carefully before you leap.
Yeah, the "In loving memory" tattoo is one thing. Tatting an exes name is another. My tat is just a pretty design I did in an impulsive moment. And my piercing because I was with a friend who was egging me on and went with me.

The tattoo I regretted only because of the shock and horror people seem to have. I think its made me unique, its become part of my identity in a way, but when people recoil in horror overdramatically, I dont like it. Its only been my mother, father, and one random man. Even my grandmother was cool, and most others said its cool, pretty, sexy. I guess parents will always freak out over their kids tattoos.

But yes, if you are looking for a girl who doesnt have a wild side, a girl with tattoos probably has a wild side.

Old 10-05-2019, 08:19 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post

Yeah, some guys have a Madonna/w#ore thing going with tattoos. I went on a first and only date with a guy who mentioned he hated seeing girls with tattoos...well, by the end of the date he had irritated me in several ways and I was tired of being nice. So I told him that I actually had a tattoo...oh my, he was just so interested in where it was. When I told him it wasn't anywhere I could show him it was disgusting how much he wanted to know. Serves him right - a girl with a tattoo was someone he'd never take home to mother but he'd sure take her back to his home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships