Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2019, 06:30 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Damn, you are always spot on.
Why must work only be about the bottom line?

And why should our actions be bound by what ignorant people think?

Old 10-09-2019, 06:38 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
And why should our actions be bound by what ignorant people think?
You don't have to. But being a rebel ain't easy.

Old 10-09-2019, 06:51 PM

147 posts, read 91,014 times
It depends. If your spouse doesn't know about it, it's not ok.
If your spouse knows about it and it's not ok with it, it's also not ok.

It's only ok, if it's ok with your spouse.

You know if it's appropriate or not. You don't need to ask your spouse for "permission". However, if you are not telling your spouse, there is a reason and it's never a good one.

Old 10-09-2019, 08:10 PM

6,456 posts, read 3,978,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Men & women can work together without thoughts about how it *looks*....
Not in all offices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Most women aren't out to get the average guy,
...but men would like to think they are, hence attitudes like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
What's sad is that the corporate world has made it harder for men and women to work together, with all of their workplace policies. It used to be that you couldn't date your co-workers. Now you can't even be on the same elevator with a person of the opposite sex, can't walk them to their car, can't have lunch with them even if it's in the company breakroom...or people will start talking and before you know it, you'll be called in to the H.R. office to have a talk about how "inappropriate" this is. And then you'll be fired and left scrambling to figure out if you're even eligible for UI benefits.

These rules against dating become even harder if it's a large company that employs many thousands of people. The odds are you might meet someone that works for the same company, out on your own time, your own terms, and then find out you can't date each other because your paychecks come from the same business. And if someone finds out, you get fired.
Gossip is gossip. "Rules" have nothing to do with it. People will talk because they love to, always have, always will.

Old 10-09-2019, 08:42 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Why must work only be about the bottom line?
I pretty much agree. People spend 40, 50, 60 hours a week at work. (Unless they work from home or something). That's a big chunk of their lives. Being denied the chance to socialize with their co-workers can make their lives much harder.

Old 10-10-2019, 08:15 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
That's kind of the point though.

Nothing has to actually happen between you and a female coworker for people to speculate and gossip about things happening. Perception is reality for some people.

The phrase is "avoiding the appearance of impropriety."

HC's right. Those kinds of lunches aren't necessary to get work done anyway.

BUT..what people *think* happens because 2 friends are having lunch at work....isn’t cheating.....have a little trust in your ability to have a friend & trust in your relationship......unless you just don’t trust yourself.....

It’s not like you can get fired for sitting in the cafeteria with a staff member of the opposite sex....

Old 10-10-2019, 08:57 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
I don't know how much you read about ant social personality disorder. But people who have it lack empathy and really don't care about how there actions affect others. Moreover this disorder affects both men and women.

When you look at who is raping people, that is behavior that is consistent with the antisocial personality disorder. Similarly when you look at women making false sexual harassment/rape allegations again this population is displaying behavior consistent with the antisocial personality disorder.

I am not upset with women taking steps to protect themselves from men with antisocial personality disorder because I am doing the same thing by taking the steps required to protect myself from women with antisocial personality disorder.
Just don't act as though they are in the same proportion as each other because they are not - THAT'S the problem I have which by overpublicizing is distorting perceptions. You do you.

Old 10-10-2019, 09:02 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,157,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
I would never send heart or kiss emojis to anyone I wasn't interested in... that's just weird.
People have different communication styles.

Old 10-10-2019, 09:04 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Yeah...nobody wants to get with you or some other guy either because rather than just an accusation they could easily be PHYSICALLY ASSAULTED. Because physical assaults FAR outnumber false accusations but which has people all up in arms?
Are you sure? I think there were hundreds of false accusations as part of the man hating MeToo movement. Something like "I think 30 years ago in college he looked funny at me but I don't remember for sure."

Old 10-10-2019, 09:06 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I pretty much agree. People spend 40, 50, 60 hours a week at work. (Unless they work from home or something). That's a big chunk of their lives. Being denied the chance to socialize with their co-workers can make their lives much harder.
Well, Feminist mafia should've thought of that before they unleashed the man hating MeToo campaign. Socializing with co-workers of opposite gender is just too dangerous for men...

Last edited by DefiantNJ; 10-10-2019 at 09:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships