Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 10:04 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty8282 View Post
Thank you. And what you say is fair enough. But I wouldn't exactly say I don't know her. We've spent a decent amount of time together and it's not like we just sit there in silence. We talk a lot about her life and her upbringing and family and such. She showed me pictures of her family and even talked to her mom on the phone when she was at my place once.

I definitely don't like that she's still with this guy and I know as time goes on it's going to be a major issue for me pretty quickly. So I'm hoping that she can see that she'll have a better thing with me than with him, because I think I'm the better man, not to sound arrogant.
Well of course you do. That's the part of this story that propels the narrative, the supposed competition.

It's a little bit about her, and a LOT about proving you can "take" her.

Still not love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 10:07 PM

50 posts, read 23,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Well of course you do. That's the part of this story that propels the narrative, the supposed competition.

I doubt he's much competition honestly. And he definitely couldn't take me in a fight. But I don't really need to get into all that because it most likely won't come down to that.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:09 PM

Quote:

Still not love.
By the way, I don't want to take her. I want her to choose me, a hundred percent.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:14 PM

Quote:
I doubt he's much competition honestly. And he definitely couldn't take me in a fight. But I don't really need to get into all that because it most likely won't come down to that.
Ugh what silliness.

You need a dose of reality.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Ugh what silliness.

You need a dose of reality.
Well, you were the one who brought up competition and I wasn't even thinking about that. I don't think he's much competition at all. He probably has more money than me but I'm not exactly poor. But yeah, I probably shouldn't have said anything about fighting, it is silly. Not that I wouldn't fight but it's not like I go looking for a fight.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:23 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
A person cannot be "stolen". It's their choice to go off and be with someone else. So don't think you are "stealing" her from someone. If you want to pursue her, go ahead.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
A person cannot be "stolen". It's their choice to go off and be with someone else. So don't think you are "stealing" her from someone. If you want to pursue her, go ahead.
Ok yeah. I totally see what you're saying. I think it's just how us guys think. It's sort of a basic rule that you don't go messing with another guy's woman. That's just basic rules 101. It's a big no no and good way to get your butt beaten down good, and deservedly so. But yeah, you're right, she would have to choose me so it's not stealing at all technically. That's just what we call it. It's not like I actually think a woman is a possession that can be stolen like a saddle or a truck or something.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:31 PM

Quote:
By the way, I don't want to take her. I want her to choose me, a hundred percent.
Quote:
Well, you were the one who brought up competition and I wasn't even thinking about that. I don't think he's much competition at all.
Yet you were the one who said you wanted to steal her from the other guy. That's clearly competitive, and it's the same as taking, whether you meant it metaphorically or not.

This narrative you've chosen places him as the antagonist.

Quote:
Ok yeah. I totally see what you're saying. I think it's just how us guys think. It's sort of a basic rule that you don't go messing with another guy's woman. That's just basic rules 101. It's a big no no and good way to get your butt beaten down good, and deservedly so. But yeah, you're right, she would have to choose me so it's not stealing at all technically. That's just what we call it. It's not like I actually think a woman is a possession that can be stolen like a saddle or a truck or something.
And again, it's not actually love either.

I can see that you have no intentions of backing off from this affair y'all are having, so if this is real I can only advise you to temper your expectations.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:37 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
Quote:
Ok yeah. I totally see what you're saying. I think it's just how us guys think. It's sort of a basic rule that you don't go messing with another guy's woman. That's just basic rules 101. It's a big no no and good way to get your butt beaten down good, and deservedly so. .
I don't agree that it's okay to beat someone up for that. You don't owe anything to a man you don't even know, and it's not like you're trying to date his wife. The woman isn't married. People are fair game if they're not married. There are people who do think it's wrong to date someone else's boyfriend or girlfriend, but they've probably done it without even knowing it.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:39 PM

7,588 posts, read 4,160,966 times
Quote:
Well, you were the one who brought up competition and I wasn't even thinking about that. I don't think he's much competition at all. He probably has more money than me but I'm not exactly poor. But yeah, I probably shouldn't have said anything about fighting, it is silly. Not that I wouldn't fight but it's not like I go looking for a fight.
The competition doesn't necessarily mean get in a fight. It's thinking you can win somebody over from the other side.

Quote:
It is funny how you follow a basic rule that you didn't even agree upon with your competition. The point of not messing with another guy's girl is that she now has to do something about it. It doesn't matter if she likes you or not or is unsure. If she doesn't like conflict, a competition will be set up between you two. It is better to let her decide to leave the guy for reasons unrelated to you and let her deal with the break up herself.

The point is that you don't want to bring a person into your life who avoids conflict. That is what you mean when you say "steal."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships