Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2019, 09:34 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,749,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Do your texts not cross town lines?
didnt think she would be expecting a text from me if she knew i was going away for the weekend. which is why i contacted her monday evening and CALLED that evening to set something up for that weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2019, 09:38 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
didnt think she would be expecting a text from me if she knew i was going away for the weekend. which is why i contacted her monday evening and CALLED that evening to set something up for that weekend.

Um, so what if she wasn't expecting it? If anything, that's a good reason to send the text because it shows you were thinking of her when you were off doing something fun.

Why do you make this so difficult? This is really basic.

Old 10-25-2019, 09:43 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Why would you think that? Don't most people use their phones to conduct their life wherever they happen to be? Isn't that the point of a "mobile" phone?

Your thought processes are perverse and baffling.

Old 10-25-2019, 09:51 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
even if the date is on a friday and i go out of town the next day and dont return until monday?
yes, even then

Old 10-25-2019, 10:00 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Put it this way - I’ve got an online guy I have yet to meet who went on a month long work trip to Asia (he doesn’t have standard hours). He wants to meet when he comes back. I have gotten basically daily texts at least to say good morning - in my time zone.

If you can’t figure out how to send a “I had fun tonight” text and a subsequent “hope you have a great day, let me know your schedule so we can reconvene this week” text, no one will ever understand you are interested.

Old 10-25-2019, 11:25 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,674,272 times
Quote:
You said you contacted her at around MIDNIGHT (which isn’t really the evening) to set something up, which is not really an acceptable time to call in my book. The whole point of a mobile phone is that it is mobile and you can send a text wherever you are. As long as you are stuck on this text every 3 days and call at midnight philosophy, I don’t think it is going to work out very well for you. Unless it is a situation where you are literally out of town on the other side of the globe and don’t want to send an international text at 3am (which seems unlikely for a weekly text), then it seems silly.

Old 10-25-2019, 06:45 PM

Well the truth came out tonight after I discovered she was nothing but a liar and sent a text telling her about herself. This was her message

"i didnt call you after we met. I did not answer your call. I made excuses to not meet again. So why the hell would you think it's ok to send me a rude message?"

So looks like I was right all along but so many of you on here actually believe she was sick and had a sick grandmother. lol

So I can this thread can be closed now

Old 10-25-2019, 06:53 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
And what did telling her about herself do?

Nothing but make you look like the butt hurt jerk that every woman thinks of when they talk about bad dating experiences ....two wrongs don't make a right.

The result would've been the same regardless. Moral of this story, if you feel like someone is a liar and a snake, STOP FOOLING WITH THEM. Having some sort of vendetta or sending petty childish texts is not how normal adults deal with these issues. I wonder about people sometimes......

Old 10-25-2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
She went out with someone she likes more on Saturday and she is keeping you on the hook until she sees where that goes. In a day or three they'll do the dance with no pants and you'll get the "just not that into you" text or ghosted altogether.
Just want to tell you that you saw the BS all along and was right. The truth came out after 2 weeks because I forced it to come out tonight when I noticed she was in my area. lol

Old 10-25-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
And what did telling her about herself do?

Nothing but make you look like the butt hurt jerk that every woman thinks of when they talk about bad dating experiences ....two wrongs don't make a right.

The result would've been the same regardless. Moral of this story, if you feel like someone is a liar and a snake, STOP FOOLING WITH THEM. Having some sort of vendetta or sending petty childish texts is not how normal adults deal with these issues. I wonder about people sometimes......
I know to do that now. That was my first time ever getting a sick text after a 1st date and now know what it means
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships