Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 07:00 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,096,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Birdie. Are you aware that keyboards cost money? And that when is surprised by a wicked laugh that spraying coffee into your keyboard tends to cause your keyboard to fail? Watch yourself! /s

That was so funny, I did literally snarf coffee.
Well I do what I can to keep it light here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2019, 07:06 AM

50,489 posts, read 47,262,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I don't think it is physically possible to smoke $1,200 a month in weed.
It's not, it's impossible. Just like this thread.

Old 10-21-2019, 08:23 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,133,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nctrailertrash View Post
I mean, he's the one who hasn't worked since like 2012. It doesn't even matter. And now I apparently have to pay for everyone's cell phone and cable...and meat? and everything. wtf. And get fussed at like I'm a housewife who doesn't do her chores well enough?? wtf
You made the exact same mistake that I did. It's like looking at myself in the mirror.

When we think we won't need a man to take care of us; we don't select men who would or could. I can't get far into this because it makes people's brain cells explode but just like me; your only hope is to run, not walk; away.

Seriously, I am saying this as someone who DOES understand but 1,000 people here will tell you the same thing: LEAVE & in the back of your mind you will know they don't understand but I do.

This is what 'doing it all' really means for women like us. You will understand more when you run away. You will look back & wonder why you stayed so long. You will be amazed at how good your life can be. It will be like a rebirth.

You have to plan this as if you are planning to break out of jail; do not tell him anything. Get a job in a new town first & turn in your two-weeks notice at your current. Pay for two weeks at an extended stay motel in the new town, empty your bank accounts, take your next paycheck & GO.

You will be able to rent your own place by the next paycheck if you do this right.

Or do it your own way. Your smart enough just do it. Stay single for a LONG time afterward & when you date; only date a man whose genetic memory remembers what a man is supposed to be; not what society tells you they are supposed to be.

We don't stay young, healthy & strong forever. If you don't act now it could be too late before you know it.

Old 10-21-2019, 08:58 AM

271 posts, read 249,185 times
Change all passwords and lose the guy.

Old 10-21-2019, 08:59 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,133,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
She can't fix the problem. This harkens back to the question I (and I suspect many other guys as well) had when I was in high school. Why did so many girls fall in love with the bad boys who were nothing but trouble? No matter how badly they were treated. Didn't make sense to me then. Doesn't now.
I've spent a good part of my life asking myself this because this is what I do. I went from a man just like hers to the president of an outlaw MC gang. One of the top 5 in the country. One of the first to be indicted under the RICO act in Colorado.

Organized crime involving international weapons trades, drugs, racketeering & witness tampering but at least he didn't need me to support him financially. I'm a college-educated professional from an upper-middle-class family & it doesn't make sense to ME either. I don't make sense to me. I'm like a moth to the flame.

As I got older I realized I had to pick my partners with my head; not my heart. I would have done okay 100 years ago but the post-counter-culture men just aren't masculine enough for me & that left the brutes. Maybe it's biological. I think attraction usually is.

Old 10-21-2019, 09:26 AM

972 posts, read 545,546 times
It hardly sounds like subscription TV should be these people's priority. Let me guess: they all have big TVs and expensive substance habits that they need or they'll go crazy.

Although you live in a trailer, you clearly aren't trash (I'm sure you know that). I'm sorry to say that your husband and some of his people sound very much like trash. This is what happens when you're the person with means in this kind of tribe. The trash ends up on your front porch (where all the neighbors can see them), guilt-tripping you into funding them. They'll bleed you dry. When you don't have any more to give, they'll think you're the person who isn't doing enough.

I don't see this as a matter of people buying into gender roles, because there's a wide range of what that can mean. I'd focus more on people being functional, accountable adults of these times. Once that prerequisite is firmly in place, then you can go for the kind of person who attracts you.

If the kind of person who attracts you conflicts with functional, accountable adulthood in these times, then you have some personal work to do. I'm not saying that's you, but am just covering that base.

Last edited by Masamune; 10-21-2019 at 10:37 AM..

Old 10-22-2019, 06:49 AM

9,479 posts, read 10,837,838 times
Hard drugs, 1200 a month in dope, is this for real? Only the OP can decide when to stop putting up with this. I can’t imagine living like that.

Old 10-22-2019, 06:54 AM

9,479 posts, read 10,837,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
OP, what will your worthless waste-of-skin husband do when he doesn't get his $1200/month in weed?
He will do what all drug addicts do to get it, he will steal to pay for it.

Old 10-22-2019, 02:22 PM

22,414 posts, read 29,539,202 times
Why are you still even there?? I would have been out of there at the first sign of drug use

Old 10-22-2019, 03:34 PM

20,771 posts, read 20,035,883 times
You don't even change the passwords? You must like it. Otherwise you would leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships