Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 02:28 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Yes that was exactly my point, geesh. If you want to know if a woman is attracted to you, smile and make eye contact and see how she reacts. If she grimaces, vomits or calls the cops, then I would say, no, she's not interested.
I know that was your point which is exactly why I don’t do it. It doesn’t work for guys like me.

Those greetings only work for attractive guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2019, 02:52 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
I agree but those women usually aren’t good looking enough themselves to hold out for men they’re physically attracted to and the ones who pick you because of things outside of physical attraction are never gonna be super in lust with you..

They might pick you because you have a nice personality and they want a family or to at least get married but they’ll never have the lust or attraction they would to a guy they find physically attractive..

But it’s better then nothing I guess..
As depressing as that sounds and how much it would suck id take that this point but most women don’t operate that way. You need to provide that physical attraction or you have no chance.

Old 10-23-2019, 03:59 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,090,699 times
Quote:
I agree but those women usually aren’t good looking enough themselves to hold out for men they’re physically attracted to and the ones who pick you because of things outside of physical attraction are never gonna be super in lust with you..

They might pick you because you have a nice personality and they want a family or to at least get married but they’ll never have the lust or attraction they would to a guy they find physically attractive..

That's not necessarily true. Once they're into you, they're into you, and it could be as strong as if they thought you were the hot stud in the 1st place.

That's not necessarily good either. Strong emotional attraction is flawed.

It's really social conditioning.

I can walk into a room of 10 random, average-ish looking women of a variety of races and shapes and say something like ... "They're all pretty attractive, maybe let's see if I can click with one of them."

A woman cannot do that... they are conditioned not to be able to. However, IMO, it would be to their benefit if they could.

Old 10-23-2019, 05:27 PM

11,794 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Smile warmly? Hell no! One I don’t smile much so it would be unnatural for me which would be obvious in other body language and my smile looks really stupid. I’m far better off giving my most natural neutral expression.
Given what you've posted of your appearance over the years, I feel like you have an imposing build and demeanour, and if you're not smiling or looking relaxed, people are reacting to that. Body language is a significant factor in social interactions or lack thereof.

Old 10-23-2019, 06:01 PM

1,593 posts, read 776,285 times
Quote:
If you want to know if a woman is interested, make direct eye contact for more than 2 seconds and smile. See how she reacts.

I know that's really hard for some of you slump-shouldered shoegazers though.

I'm not buying that a woman who looks at me and smiles is interested when many women who actually talked with me, interacted with me, initiated texting with me, gave me their numbers, etc., weren't interested.

Old 10-23-2019, 06:11 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Well they certainly were at one point. The question is, what happened?

Old 10-23-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Well they certainly were at one point. The question is, what happened?

Me.

I guess that answers the question in the title.

Old 10-23-2019, 09:33 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
I think you've been correct. Don't ask them out if they seem to have little interest in you. You'd just be wasting time money and effort, and just getting heartache, disappointment. Nobody likes getting rejected. Its no fun.

Old 10-23-2019, 09:54 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:

Oh dear. Here's the thing. So much of attraction in a LTR is what happens in private. If you can make her feel good, turn her on, how do I say this? What you look like doesn't matter.

The guys who made me feel the best were never the best looking ones. The real lust was generated by the guy who was down for connecting and being into each other.

Good sex, in other words.

Last edited by zentropa; 10-23-2019 at 10:05 PM..

Old 10-23-2019, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I think you've been correct. Don't ask them out if they seem to have little interest in you. You'd just be wasting time money and effort, and just getting heartache, disappointment. Nobody likes getting rejected. Its no fun.
Don’t see what kind of money I’m wasting. As far as the rest of it, I’m not leery to ask because of consequences for ME, I’m leery to ask because of consequences for THEM. I’ve swung my swings and missed my misses. It hurts but that’s an acceptable outcome. Making a woman feel uncomfortable by asking her out when she doesn’t want to be is NOT an acceptable outcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships