Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 10:15 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

DO NOT date/sleep with people at work. DO NOT. I don't care if they are in an office on the other side of the country. DO NOT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2019, 10:30 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,350,394 times
This is just way too much drama for the workplace. Stop dating men from your place of employment.

BTW--don't understand the hurt. You wanted it both ways--to push him away and yet get mad when he wasn't happy with your rejection. Quit playing games.

Old 10-19-2019, 10:53 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
What on earth kind of workplace is this with all the flirting and grab-assing and sleeping around? Is this something in the "entertainment" industry?

Old 10-19-2019, 01:24 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
It was 2 weeks, that is nothing more than a long vacation.

Old 10-19-2019, 01:34 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What on earth kind of workplace is this with all the flirting and grab-assing and sleeping around? Is this something in the "entertainment" industry?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
It was 2 weeks, that is nothing more than a long vacation.
These.

You're 31???? Just stop.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:04 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
Stop sleeping with men you barely know who are only looking to add a notch to their bedpost. You said the guy was 35 and that you're 31 but your actions are more like a teenager. If you're really looking for a long term relationship, and it appears you are; then stopping playing games and let a relationship develop before you start having sex. Having sex too early just confuses things and for some women it makes them feel used if they break up shortly after.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:51 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
How big is the population of this new city?

I agree with all other posters. Do not date at the workplace. (regardless of the size of the company, different floor, etc). A workplace is to work, gain experience, move up career wise, make $$. Do not complicate a job.

Also, it seems like you saw red flags and still went for it: (were you lonely or something?)

"He kinda has a reputation as a womanizer, "
"Also, I found him immature at times- Like he mentioned several times that he only flirted with girls in the beginning because he wanted me to be a little jealous. I did get the feeling though that he actually likes me."

Old 10-20-2019, 08:01 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Many women picking out Bad Boys, then wondering why things go wrong.

I don't feel sorry for such women.

No socializing with co-workers or ones who work at the same company = sound advice IMO.

Old 10-20-2019, 08:12 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelia View Post
also slept together, of course.
But of course, of course.

I don't want to make this about morals, but about decisions. Hey, people meet at work, fall in love, get into intimate relationship weather they should or not. That's a fact of life. THEY USUALLY DON"T DO THIS WITHIN ONE WEEK OF STARTING A NEW JOB. Do you work at the Playboy Mansion or what? I see parties, flirting, sleeping around, groping, workplace discussions and texting. When do you have time to get work done?

This relationship with employee A is over, it's over. Clearly he used you, your future with him is as a booty call now, and you are about to be passed around the workplace like last month's performance reviews. Move on, but don't do it at work.

So accept this, whatever it is, is over and focus on the future. Workplace relationships are discouraged because they cause polarization, even if he does not work with you. You see it already with employee a and employee b. Now other employees are noticing. You've heard the phrase - "don't sh*t where you eat". It's distracting, it's non-professional, it might be against company policy. In the future - date around, sleep around, whatever it is - outside of work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships