Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 06:25 PM

14 posts, read 4,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post

is it only boyfriend/girlfriend, wife/husband relationships you think are somehow fake love.
is the girl youre seeing a friend (you mention y'all have friends in common) ? eventhough you guys are not officially boyfriend/girlfriend, she seems to be severly misunderstanding yous guys arrangement. she probably thinks you guys are genuinely friends with benefits and not simply a jumpoff; thus, her caring you nearly died.
Yes, this only applies to romantic relationships. Other type of relationships can be very bad as well, as we all know, but I believe they can be truthful too.

The unintended consequence of this is that I'll not be able to father children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2019, 06:37 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,574,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCobyll View Post
Yes, this only applies to romantic relationships. Other type of relationships can be very bad as well, as we all know, but I believe they can be truthful too.

is it possible to have a friend of a different gender. is it possible to be friends with a lover.
?

Old 10-30-2019, 06:43 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:

I am trying to understand. You think truth is impossible in romantic relationships?

Old 10-31-2019, 04:03 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
The OP has an odd detachment that I haven't seen in many people, I wonder if he's sitting somewhere on the autism spectrum.

Cynical or realistic? Well, I'd say you blasted past cynical and blew the doors off of that. Realistic? I say you blew the doors off of that one too, just going the opposite direction.

Old 11-01-2019, 07:29 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
You are an emotional void. You are the worst type of guy out there only to lead a woman on

Quote:
Don't know what idea do you have of me but I'm a completely normal guy that you'd see on the street. I try to help others whenever I can in my day to day life.

I can actually see both points here.

As someone who has a very similar outlook as the OP, I can shed some light on how a non-psychopath can feel this way.

I can say from a personal experience, I have never encountered anything close to love. Maybe lust on the odd occasion, but nothing resembling love.

Maybe that might have to do with absolutely every member of my close family going through a string of unsuccessful marriages with Grandma being divorced once, my mother being divorced three times, my father being divorced twice, my uncle being divorced, and a few more distant relatives being stuck in very unhappy marriages.

Plus most of friends had divorced parents.

I haven't seen many healthy marriages in person. Apparently they exist, but I haven't seen many.

Also, I have incredible trust issues* from my (albeit somewhat limited) experience in relationships and a couple of other things that happened in my life. Opening myself up has never brought me anything good in life. I'll give you an example, I once told a woman about an insult I received back in high school from this girl. I won't say exactly what was said, but it basically boiled down to me being easily replaceable in a romantic capacity. There's maybe two or three times when someone has insulted me where it really got to me and this was one of them. Partly because the way it was phrased was actually rather clever and it went beyond you're average "you suck" comment. Anyway, one day we were arguing about something and see smugly repeated what was said with a tone of victory. Now, it actually didn't get to me this time around because I knew what she was doing, but it made me incredibly disgusted with her because she was trying to use something incredibly sensitive for me and use it against me in a really petty argument.

That was a woman who took months in getting me to lower my guard and talked about the importance of "opening up"...

So I see no point in a serious relationship. I can't see myself married (at least for long) or with kids (I would make a terrible father). Hell, at this point I guess it's just sex drive and boredom is the only reason why I have half-ass consider the idea at this point in my life.

*I am not joking. It borders on pathological paranoia. Although I am functional and I don't blow up at every possible sign of being underhanded; I always consider the possibility of betrayal and I take almost anything as possible sign of malevolence. Now, it usually isn't, but I handle betrayal rather effectively because I was mentally preparing myself from the first meeting.

Old 11-01-2019, 07:56 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Well, if it's not that, then it's just couples who grow apart. That love fades. I guess that's better than the ruining couples.
90% of all couples I know deeply love and care for each other even after 20+ years. My parents are together for 51 years and still hold hands.

I am sorry you all made so bad experiences that you have such a sad view of relationships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships