Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2019, 11:24 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
I got the hint, all right. But what's wrong with "thx but no thx"? [sic] Or even not responding at all?

We don't get to tell others how they should voice their disinterest. I see it as my responsibility, to myself, to just listen to what they're saying and accept it and move on. Also, remember, women in our patriarchal society are conditioned much different then men. It's really drummed into them at a young age to always be polite, and, to be polite to men as not doing so can be dangerous, or even deadly. I as a guy always need to remember that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2019, 11:27 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
We don't get to tell others how they should voice their disinterest. I see it as my responsibility, to myself, to just listen to what they're saying and accept it and move on. Also, remember, women in our patriarchal society are conditioned much different then men. It's really drummed into them at a young age to always be polite, and, to be polite to men as not doing so can be dangerous, or even deadly. I as a guy always need to remember that.
Never, in a million years, would I have brought this up. But you did. I will bet you $500 that MU's response, even if not shared here, would be well I am not That Guy so they shouldn't be like that to ME. All About Him.

Old 10-23-2019, 11:33 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
For some reason a lot of guys are hitting on women via Words With Friends... which I find insanely odd.
Huh? What's that?

Old 10-23-2019, 11:33 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,876,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Never, in a million years, would I have brought this up. But you did. I will bet you $500 that MU's response, even if not shared here, would be well I am not That Guy so they shouldn't be like that to ME. All About Him.
<game show buzzer!> Wrong!

If the Red Pill taught me anything, in addition to how women's attraction really works, it's how I'm not much different from other men. I get up and use the bathroom in the morning just like Chad Thunderpenis. And I think similarly too. (Well, until I lost all traces of my sex drive 2 years ago.) The only difference is women's reactions to me vs. Chad, and no thoughtfulness in the first message can change that.

What I didn't know back then, is that Chad can write "hey butiful" and still get a 99% enthusiastic reply rate, while Timothy can write better than Shakespeare and still get a smattering of disinterested one-liners.

Old 10-23-2019, 11:45 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
<game show buzzer!> Wrong!

If the Red Pill taught me anything, in addition to how women's attraction really works, it's how I'm not much different from other men. I get up and use the bathroom in the morning just like Chad Thunderpenis. And I think similarly too. (Well, until I lost all traces of my sex drive 2 years ago.) The only difference is women's reactions to me vs. Chad, and no thoughtfulness in the first message can change that.

What I didn't know back then, is that Chad can write "hey butiful" and still get a 99% enthusiastic reply rate, while Timothy can write better than Shakespeare and still get a smattering of disinterested one-liners.
Sigh. I wish you the very best of luck. I guess it really makes no difference to you whether or not someone LIKE Shakespeare. As long as you get something.

Old 10-23-2019, 11:48 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Huh? What's that?
Oh jeezus...

It's a place for you to get trounced in virtual scrabble by your 70 year old Auntie. Or the singer of your favorite band, oddly. But mostly old women, who wipe the floor with the rest of us in my experience. It's not a dating app, and it's even creepier to hit on women there, than to do it to random women on Facebook or Instagram or at the grocery store. Don't be that guy. Really. Don't.

Or if you must, please don't come here after doing it to report on how women took offense to your innocent attempts to flirt via creative use of scrabble tiles to ask if they'll give you their digits, and whether they are overreacting or why they should not refuse you if they've nothing better to do than play online scrabble games. I swear to god...lol...Just...

There are days, really, with this forum I don't know whether to laugh hysterically, cry, or beat my head on the wall. Seriously if I seem like I'm giving you a hard time, it's because I decided to laugh today because crying makes my nose run and I don't need a headache.

Old 10-23-2019, 12:02 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Oh jeezus...

It's a place for you to get trounced in virtual scrabble by your 70 year old Auntie. Or the singer of your favorite band, oddly. But mostly old women, who wipe the floor with the rest of us in my experience. It's not a dating app, and it's even creepier to hit on women there, than to do it to random women on Facebook or Instagram or at the grocery store. Don't be that guy. Really. Don't.

Or if you must, please don't come here after doing it to report on how women took offense to your innocent attempts to flirt via creative use of scrabble tiles to ask if they'll give you their digits, and whether they are overreacting or why they should not refuse you if they've nothing better to do than play online scrabble games. I swear to god...lol...Just...

There are days, really, with this forum I don't know whether to laugh hysterically, cry, or beat my head on the wall. Seriously if I seem like I'm giving you a hard time, it's because I decided to laugh today because crying makes my nose run and I don't need a headache.
I just asked what it was. Didn't say I planned on doing it.

Old 10-23-2019, 12:10 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
I just asked what it was. Didn't say I planned on doing it.
LOL

Messin' with ya.

Not kidding about those old ladies though. You gotta watch out for them, with their out of control vocabularies.

But one thing...hehe...if a woman is kicking your backside at a scrabble game and they reply to a message with some monosyllabic barely-acknowledgement of a non-message...it sure isn't because they lack the words to respond, they are definitely making a choice not to!

(Seriously what a strange place to flirt with women though. What the hell. What's next, bingo halls?)

Old 10-23-2019, 12:16 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,158 times
Quote:
There is something to be said about the virtue of not painting with a broad brush.

Old 10-23-2019, 12:18 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,876,035 times
Quote:
Sigh. I wish you the very best of luck. I guess it really makes no difference to you whether or not someone LIKE Shakespeare. As long as you get something.
I mentioned Shakespeare as a metaphor for a skillfully written message; I wasn't talking about liking his poetry. And honestly, back when I was a 20-something horndog, as long as a woman's interests included me, the rest was basically fluff. Now I know better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships