Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2019, 11:17 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Very similar to my experience. I "super liked" a woman on Tinder last week and sent her a couple short messages (nothing off putting or insulting) and she then unmatched with me. Really? Didn't you see my profile? This is a regular occurrence on Bumble too. They think saying "hi" is enough, followed by one word answers to my questions and then not asking me anything. Its just so stupid.
Maybe they just aren't interested in you regardless of how YOU think your profile looks to her? I mean, it may be to obvious, but sometimes the simplest explanation is the truth. You super liked. You emailed. And she blocked. Hmmmmm what else could it be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
I get a bit perplexed at the female users who initially contact me and are seemingly interested in chatting yet who, after sending their initial message, start acting disinterested and/or aloof.
Presumably they read my profile and view my pictures before contacting me, so it’s not as if they are blindly contacting me and then realizing afterwards that they don’t like my looks or my interests or my hobbies, etc; they sent the initial “like” or message so they had to at least browse my profile — I didn’t contact them seeking to communicate. So, it seems to follow that the person who initiates contact should be a bit more willing to interact and communicate — but in my experience, that has not been the case.

And these women range from 30s to 50s (I’m 45 and like both younger and older).
I know I have accidentally tapped or clicked like and then ... woa.... oooops!

Old 10-21-2019, 11:19 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Maybe they just aren't interested in you regardless of how YOU think your profile looks to her? I mean, it may be to obvious, but sometimes the simplest explanation is the truth. You super liked. You emailed. And she blocked. Hmmmmm what else could it be?
Umm, she liked me back, so your explanation holds no water.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
ETA: A like button is painless, easy, no investment. It does not MEAN anything.

I guess, my point is, what is the purpose of sweating this stuff? Does it help? She moved on. You do too.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:22 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
I know I have accidentally tapped or clicked like and then ... woa.... oooops!
Quote:
See above.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:27 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
ETA: A like button is painless, easy, no investment. It does not MEAN anything.

I guess, my point is, what is the purpose of sweating this stuff? Does it help? She moved on. You do too.

Yup. Lots of people realize later there is a deal breaker, such as distance, or any other number of things I notice after matching or messaging. No biggie, just move on.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yup. Lots of people realize later there is a deal breaker, such as distance, or any other number of things I notice after matching or messaging. No biggie, just move on.
Yup.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:35 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,034,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I had a woman ask me to give her my number and she'd call me this past weekend. She never did. Then I asked what was up.

She responded with, "You're an hour way, aren't you? That would not be practical" and knowing that she was new to the area and likely geographically challenged, I knew I was a half hour away. Hopefully she wasn't feeding me a line of BS.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:38 AM

20,382 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Quote:
LOL. Stop wondering. Yes, this is it.
Ya figure?

Thing is...I speculated way too much on various plausible motivations of his back then and since, and at some point I decided that putting words in his mouth and thoughts in his head, was not fair. So I try not to assume that he has ulterior motives. Especially since it doesn't matter what his motives are, it changes nothing.

Fact: If he hadn't gotten so flaky, if he'd actually said "I would be down to, on a very rare occasion, get together for sex, but that's about it"...then I might have negotiated a poly-ish sort of loophole clause of some kind into my relationship back when I first broke up with my "quad" and became a 1-on-1 with my boyfriend. He would have made a fine side thing, I won't lie, because he was fun.

Fact: He didn't, and I had no reason to believe that I'd ever get anything more from him, and his inability to communicate and respect my time had gotten annoying. So I considered our interaction over for good, and I moved on. Like ya do. He blew it, if he wanted that door left open. But I guess he wasn't used to dealing with people who are willing/able to have non-traditional relationship structures. *shrug* Oh, well! It's not an option anymore. Boyfriend and I are too solidly entrenched in our closed/monogamish structure.

But the thing is, unlike some stereotypical "player" types... This guy is an attentive lover, a great listener, and seems to genuinely enjoy, like, and respect women. He has stayed friends on some level or other, with lots and lots of women, most of whom I think go on to get married and can not offer sex even if they ever did in the past. It's just that (according to him) he's an introvert who fiercely defends his space and doesn't want anyone else trying to move in on it. This, at least, is the closest to a reason I can get from him, on why he's remained "single," if not exactly solitary, well into his 50's. *shrug*

It seemed important eventually to let go speculation, and any impulse to try and "solve the mysteries" where he was concerned, any need to know what motivated him. And I really do not dig the mindset that all men or all women are so alike we can just safely assume this or that.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
I had a woman ask me to give her my number and she'd call me this past weekend. She never did. Then I asked what was up.

She responded with, "You're an hour way, aren't you? That would not be practical" and knowing that she was new to the area and likely geographically challenged, I knew I was a half hour away. Hopefully she wasn't feeding me a line of BS.
Why? Seriously, why would it be problematic to eliminate someone because they are full of BS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships