Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2019, 02:49 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Yep... Or "Is that what you're working with? I'm so sorry"

I have not quite given up on dating yet and I am pretty sure that I will stick it out for a bit longer

I don't go into 1st, 2nd, 3rd dates thinking about the long term future... I go into it thinking about enjoying time out and good company. Then I see what happens after that, day by day.
No worries... I am neither triggered nor offended by it. I just think that it says a lot as to the maturity of the individual sending such photos. IDK..... maybe they’re just proud of their junk. Lol
I don’t lose any sleep over it.
I like men and generally get along well with them. I just don’t want one of my own....at present. Not a commentary on men, but rather just a personal choice. Having a b/f definitely puts a hitch in your giddy up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2019, 02:49 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,876,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
Back on topic, the thread title suggests that there first had to be an interest in dating for it to be lost. I don't believe that was ever the case with me. As a kid I saw dates happen in films and on television, and they always seemed so artificial and, dare I say it, American.

I quietly dreaded the idea of having to go through all that when I grew up and, apart from a very few times when politeness or a sense of obligation prevented me from saying no thank you, I never did.
I was the opposite in terms of dating: I was super-eager to get into it. I probably picked up the idea from the teenage sitcoms I used to watch, like "Boy Meets World". Unfortunately, dating didn't pan out until college (freshman year), due to factors I'd rather not get into.

But my eagerness didn't go anywhere. It just festered inside, until I went off the deep end when a girl showed real interest in me for the first time ever. (Other than trying to get too serious too quickly, I kept most of the "deep end" to myself.) I dated semi-regularly since then, and had a number of relationships too. I lost all interest in dating around age 33, when my long-time friends got married and started living like prisoners in their own homes. In addition, my sex drive tanked; I now view sex as a mildly unpleasant but necessary chore, like a flu shot.

Old 10-22-2019, 03:27 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
wow, you guys filled the pages.

Uhm. 42 here, yes, losing interest in dating.

I have so many hobbies now, if I meet someone who wants to set up a date, I am almost annoyed that I have to skip my usual evening or weekend routine or interrupt my workout cycle. I rather go kickboxing or play beach volleyball than meeting a new person. Weeding through the undateables to find a decent guy I connect with who isn't full of crap - seems too much effort.

Yes, I would love to come home to someone and cuddle on the couch. But the process to get to this stage and meeting all the bull crappers who don't look like their pics and are already married ... too much work, I don't have the time or energy for this.

Old 10-22-2019, 05:21 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
The old 80% of women only go after the top 20% of men nonsense. Lol
The good news being that since that aren’t enough 20%er’s to go around, a bunch of those women are going to have to settle for guys.... like you.
So like only 20% of them are worth dating? That explains A LOT!

Old 10-22-2019, 05:49 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
wow, you guys filled the pages.

Uhm. 42 here, yes, losing interest in dating.

I have so many hobbies now, if I meet someone who wants to set up a date, I am almost annoyed that I have to skip my usual evening or weekend routine or interrupt my workout cycle. I rather go kickboxing or play beach volleyball than meeting a new person. Weeding through the undateables to find a decent guy I connect with who isn't full of crap - seems too much effort.

Yes, I would love to come home to someone and cuddle on the couch. But the process to get to this stage and meeting all the bull crappers who don't look like their pics and are already married ... too much work, I don't have the time or energy for this.
Oddly, at least in my area, it seems like a lot of 30 plus women (some with kids) are leaving their men for other women. What’s up with that? I don’t see that for me, because I get a long with women even worse than men.

I think I have finally realized that my ocpd is probably my biggest obstacle. Everything has to be my way. I need the person in my life to be completely fine with never making a decision, driving and fully support that I am the boss because my way is always the best... 🦄 (unicorn..., I am looking for a unicorn!

Old 10-22-2019, 06:06 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
People laugh at the stereotype, but there's a nugget of truth there.

I don't know how common the "dating while pregnant" thing is here, but I see a lot of women in their 20s/30s with very young kids, including babies, wanting to date. I'm not saying it's the woman's fault either - this area has rampant drug problems and a very poor work ethic among the working and lower classes. With that said, the person would need to be extremely special to me to put up with a baby that wasn't mine.
I was kidding. I was just in Tennessee (suburbs of Nashville) was there for a few weeks and just got back this morning. Tennessee is a great state. A lot of pretty southern belles, in fact, I got me one 🤙🏽. Yeeehaw! Lol

Old 10-22-2019, 07:27 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I was kidding. I was just in Tennessee (suburbs of Nashville) was there for a few weeks and just got back this morning. Tennessee is a great state. A lot of pretty southern belles, in fact, I got me one 🤙🏽. Yeeehaw! Lol
Nice save!

Old 10-22-2019, 07:45 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Nice save!
HawiianBelle 🤭👏

Old 10-22-2019, 08:13 PM

5,510 posts, read 9,493,295 times
I've been slowly losing interest in dating for the last few years, since my mid/late 30s. It's probably been a month since I last visited a OLD site, and probably a year since seeing someone I was interested enough in to try to contact.

Old 10-22-2019, 08:22 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
HawiianBelle 🤭👏
Some kind of pineapple dish?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships