Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 10:50 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,338,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Now, at 50. Too old to have what I've always wanted, and sick of the games and serial daters who don't want a relationship.
I understand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
Never had much. There's not a lot of point playing the game if you don't see much value in the prize.

All the love I have left is for people who have died. I don't have any to give to others, or much for myself.
Ouch. That hit home. I'm the last one standing, myself. And I've dealt with something else that was painful.

Yeah, I have a depleted heart. I've closed the door on getting close to anyone. I suppose I could still meet people, but only casually.

Old 10-21-2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Now, at 50. Too old to have what I've always wanted, and sick of the games and serial daters who don't want a relationship.
The only serial dating I'm doing is checking the expiration date on my Wheaties.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:08 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,322,269 times
The only time I lose interest in dating is when I find someone I want to be with.

I highly doubt anyone posting on this thread is done with dating, if you’re single that is.

Old 10-22-2019, 03:44 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,031,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I am sick of “modern” dating and have been for a decade.

Modern dating to me is an annoying game where you meet someone, you go on a first meet of drinks or coffee, you go on a second meet that may be something that is an actual outing. During the second outing, your “date” is trying to figure out how soon they can secure sex. They will try during your first proper outing. And if it isn’t on the first outing, the third “date” is some variation of Netflix and Chill. Rinse and repeat.

Or in modern dating, you may not even get to the outing before you get a d*ck pic or a solicitation for sex.

Actual dating where you meet, you get to know each other over a few outings, you figure out you are compatible, and you form a relationship based on your goals - that’s pretty fun.
Wow, the amount of scenarios like this are mounting. I am thinking if men are ballzy enough to do this...and frequently...I am guessing THEY think there are some women out there that desire casual sex?

Old 10-22-2019, 03:45 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,031,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Ouch. That hit home. I'm the last one standing, myself. And I've dealt with something else that was painful.

Yeah, I have a depleted heart. I've closed the door on getting close to anyone. I suppose I could still meet people, but only casually.
Wow, hope I never get to that point.

Saw this:

All the love I have left is for people who have died.

Probably the coldest post in this thread. Ouch!

Old 10-22-2019, 03:53 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,105,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
All the love I have left is for people who have died.

Probably the coldest post in this thread. Ouch!
Quite true though. They gave me all the affection and acceptance I could have wanted while they were alive, so much so that I felt no need to look for those things from anyone else.

Old 10-22-2019, 04:53 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,176,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I to this day still don't understand how someone "looks" for a partner......it's strange.
This resonates with me. I do do OLD. It is fun for its own sake. I like people. I like dating. But I am not looking for The One, don't want or need a partner unless that person and our relationship is something I want to pursue.

Old 10-22-2019, 05:30 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,913,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Wow, the amount of scenarios like this are mounting. I am thinking if men are ballzy enough to do this...and frequently...I am guessing THEY think there are some women out there that desire casual sex?
There are plenty. Its easier to fine, BY FAR, than someone to have a relationship with. Heck, my partner was only looking for casual sex when we met (I didn't know that at the time), but it morphed into something else.

Old 10-22-2019, 05:40 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,339,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
No truer words have been spoken.

Dating is fun and interesting when you're YOUNG. Once you get past the Big Three-Oh, it's a glorified stepping stone to marriage. I'm 36 now. And what will my marriage be like? Same as lots of men's. Being screamed at over trivial crap like saying "good morning" in the wrong tone, having my entire shot glass collection thrown out, living as a prisoner in my own home because my wife isn't a fun-loving type, getting the silent treatment for 3 days for forgetting to buy milk on the way home, and sleeping on the couch for not giving the right answer to the "do I look fat?" question.

If that's a prize, then my name is Donald Trump.
I can't remember - have you been married? What's the longest term relationship you've been in? Or are you quoting friends you've had? Because you can MAKE the relationship you want - you don't have to passively accept behavior you don't like. Or you can just completely opt out - so you've made your "choice".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships