Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 05:09 AM

278 posts, read 140,646 times

Advertisements

Yes its not good at all and disrespectful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2019, 05:13 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChip View Post
OP, have you only had three dates in six months? You have to have more dates!

I remember a television series (I think it's easy) where the girl intends to have 1 daily date with a different man for a month, on some days she had up to two dates on the same day. Something like that I think you should try.

Do not get attached to a relationship that does not start yet, you have to search, search, search until you find someone who seems close to the ideal you are looking for.

That´s my advice.
People have time to go on a date DAILY? That is crazy talk.

Old 10-25-2019, 05:27 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
3 dates in 3 months is pretty much my average when it comes to online dating. In fact, that's probably been the MAX amount of dates I've ever had in the 3-month membership with Match.com.

Beyond my control after that. If they even answer.

Old 10-25-2019, 05:36 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Some people do, for spells. I definitely had months where I had 4-5 first meets a week. But I often felt burnt out after them, or worse, I found that I was neglecting my friends and other interests.

Old 10-25-2019, 06:01 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Some people do, for spells. I definitely had months where I had 4-5 first meets a week. But I often felt burnt out after them, or worse, I found that I was neglecting my friends and other interests.
Ugh. I would hate that. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 10-25-2019, 06:12 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Same here. I may stay off the internet for a few months, then I have a weak moment, go activate my account again - pick out a bunch of people. Have 1-2 dates/day for a week or two and then I am burned out and go off of it for a long time again.

Old 10-25-2019, 06:14 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Ugh. I would hate that. Different strokes for different folks.

Yeah, its not an approach I generally support. Last time I was that active I did it for a few months when I first moved to Providence. I was, well, the new guy in town so turning on my OKC account was just like putting an open for business sign up (my now partner charmingly called me "the new meat in town"). But, I wanted to get to know the town more than I did (I spent a good chunk of time here over the decades, but living in a place is different) and I didn't have much of a social network, so OLD it was. Worked well, made a bunch of connections, but the negatives are real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Same here. I may stay off the internet for a few months, then I have a weak moment, go activate my account again - pick out a bunch of people. Have 1-2 dates/day for a week or two and then I am burned out and go off of it for a long time again.
Exactly. If something comes from one of those (friend, lover, relationship) great. If not, a break is still in order, I find, for me.

Old 10-25-2019, 06:31 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I guess that explains the, "Trying this again" or "Giving this one more try!" or "Help get me off this site!" headliners in dating profiles. lol

Speaking of the "new in town" types...I've actually had a better response rate and a higher chance of meeting someone if they've just moved to the area. I message them as they are brand new to the area.

Old 10-25-2019, 07:44 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Join the club. I gave up and am dating my cat

Old 10-25-2019, 11:06 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,233,655 times
Quote:
It was just one example, don't take it so literal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships