Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 09:37 AM

107 posts, read 44,070 times

Advertisements

There was this girl I saw at volleyball on Sunday who I’ve seen one other time in the past and we had a small interaction then (that was months ago) I approached her as she was sitting down, put my hand on her shoulderand started some small talk, mentioned how I hardly noticed her because she lost a lot of weight and looks really fit. Long story short, at the end of the night I was sitting down with friends and I saw her get up and start approaching me. We talked for a few minutes, she was asking me some questions about myself and I got her number. I texted her my number and she replied 2 hours after she left creating conversation via text. I got straight to the point and asked her out for drinks. She gave a very low interest response (I’m really busy with exams, maybe another time).. which I wasn’t expecting. I left the ball in her court and said to contact me when she has some free time and good luck with exams and walked away. Do you think it was something I said in person? I’m just shocked by the response, I felt like she had a lot of interest and we had a lot of things in common
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2019, 09:40 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
You just put your hand on her back? Wow, you would not get my number!!!

Well, wait and see if she contacts you.

Old 10-29-2019, 09:41 AM

107 posts, read 44,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
You just put your hand on her back? Wow, you would not get my number!!!

Well, wait and see if she contacts you.
It was actually her shoulder, not her back lol

Old 10-29-2019, 09:41 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,628 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisLQ View Post
There was this girl I saw at volleyball on Sunday who I’ve seen one other time in the past. I approached her as she was sitting down, put my hand on her shoulderand started some small talk, mentioned how I hardly noticed her because she lost a lot of weight and looks really fit. Long story short, at the end of the night I was sitting down with friends and I saw her get up and start approaching me. We talked for a few minutes, she was asking me some questions about myself and I got her number. I texted her my number and she replied 2 hours after she left creating conversation via text. I got straight to the point and asked her out for drinks. She gave a very low interest response (I’m really busy with exams, maybe another time).. which I wasn’t expecting. I left the ball in her court and said to contact me when she has some free time and good luck with exams and walked away. Do you think it was something I said in person? I’m just shocked by the response, I felt like she had a lot of interest and we had a lot of things in common
Maybe invite her to the next volleyball game? She might not drink.

Old 10-29-2019, 09:42 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Only she knows. And, it doesn't really matter.

Don't spend any more time thinking about it. Just move on. You asked. She said no (listen to her). The end.

(Its perplexing to me why we have so much, well, interesting syntax such as "creating conversation via text" on here lately.)

Old 10-29-2019, 10:19 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
You hardly noticed her because she’s lost a lot of weight??

Old 10-29-2019, 10:27 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
That makes no sense.

Old 10-29-2019, 10:27 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
She rejected you. End of story. Keep it moving.

Old 10-29-2019, 10:30 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,710,507 times
Sounds like she is not interested. Keep it moving. You did right by leaving the ball in her court though!

Old 10-29-2019, 10:32 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
(Its perplexing to me why we have so much, well, interesting syntax such as "creating conversation via text" on here lately.)
You mean like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisLQ View Post
She gave a very low interest response
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships