Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2019, 03:03 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times

Advertisements

You want to have sex but you don't want him to ask for sex. Why don't you just tell him he can ask for sex when you give him permission and if he keeps asking without permission he'll be punished.

Old 11-14-2019, 09:13 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
HUH??? uhm. Disagree. Strongly disagree. I am 100% sure all of my female friends initiate sex very often.
You missed the main point of my post entirely. It wasn't about how many women initiate sex or how often. Not the point at all.

Last edited by PriscillaVanilla; 11-14-2019 at 09:25 AM..

Old 11-17-2019, 08:16 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,069,067 times
I've started dating again after many years of not dating and I'm finding that men expect sex much sooner today than they used to. I made the mistake of having sex with two dates before I was ready. Yes, I was interested in having sex eventually, just not as fast as I did. I'm not blaming them; I'm blaming myself. After the relationships ended (fairly quickly), I spent a lot of time in self-reflection trying to figure out what I did wrong. I realized I didn't have good boundaries. For me, waiting until I'm in an exclusive committed relationship with someone who has similar values and goals and who is potentially marriageable is the only time when I should have sex. Going forward, this is going to be my new dating strategy.

I don't think I will ever feel good about myself if I don't stop the negative pattern and continue to say yes to recreational sex in short term loveless dating relationships.

Old 11-17-2019, 08:28 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,069,067 times
I will add this.

After dating one man for 2 months, I came to a epiphany one day when he told me he would NEVER love another woman as much as he had loved his ex wife. I wised up at that very moment. Here was a man that I was sleeping with and with whom I was attempting to possibly build a relationship with, and he was telling me THAT? That the best I could hope for was that he "loved being with me" but he would never "love" me? So, I was good enough to sleep with and get off with but not good enough to love or marry? And the cheating wife rated better than I did? F that. I dumped him the next day. And decided I will never sleep with another man as soon as I did in a new dating relationship. Him and I waited 6 weeks and believe me, that was too soon.

Old 11-17-2019, 09:40 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,033,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
I will add this.

After dating one man for 2 months, I came to a epiphany one day when he told me he would NEVER love another woman as much as he had loved his ex wife. I wised up at that very moment. Here was a man that I was sleeping with and with whom I was attempting to possibly build a relationship with, and he was telling me THAT? That the best I could hope for was that he "loved being with me" but he would never "love" me? So, I was good enough to sleep with and get off with but not good enough to love or marry? And the cheating wife rated better than I did? F that. I dumped him the next day. And decided I will never sleep with another man as soon as I did in a new dating relationship. Him and I waited 6 weeks and believe me, that was too soon.
Good for you that you learned from this.

It is true that men tend to push for sex. Some have this so-called "3-date rule" or however X amount of dates before think that sex is on the table. Otherwise they'll dump ya.

They figure after 3 dates, that you're not interested in them. Not sure where they came up with that logic. There are still things like cuddling and kissing, yes?

Old 11-17-2019, 10:03 AM

1,417 posts, read 733,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Not sure where they came up with that logic.
Men didn't come up with it, some women started offering it as an option and in time it lowered the standard for society because many men tend not to respect themselves any more than the women do these days.

Old 11-17-2019, 10:10 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Good for you that you learned from this.

It is true that men tend to push for sex. Some have this so-called "3-date rule" or however X amount of dates before think that sex is on the table. Otherwise they'll dump ya.

They figure after 3 dates, that you're not interested in them. Not sure where they came up with that logic. There are still things like cuddling and kissing, yes?

I've never experience a guy dumping me after 3 (or any number) dates because I didn't have sex with him. If I thought he would do that, I would dump HIM.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-17-2019, 10:14 AM

2,949 posts, read 1,353,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
I've started dating again after many years of not dating and I'm finding that men expect sex much sooner today than they used to. I made the mistake of having sex with two dates before I was ready. Yes, I was interested in having sex eventually, just not as fast as I did. I'm not blaming them; I'm blaming myself. After the relationships ended (fairly quickly), I spent a lot of time in self-reflection trying to figure out what I did wrong. I realized I didn't have good boundaries. For me, waiting until I'm in an exclusive committed relationship with someone who has similar values and goals and who is potentially marriageable is the only time when I should have sex. Going forward, this is going to be my new dating strategy.

I don't think I will ever feel good about myself if I don't stop the negative pattern and continue to say yes to recreational sex in short term loveless dating relationships.

smt1111, I cannot rep you enough for your post. BRAVO!!!!!

I praise your eloquently written post and that you lay your soul bare to us. Thank you for having the courage to share what others may feel too ashamed to admit.

I'm with you 100% sister (except the marriage part, of which I have no interest in).

Respect, self-made

FYI--no, I am not shaming those who choose a different path.

Old 11-17-2019, 10:22 AM

2,949 posts, read 1,353,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
Men didn't come up with it, some women started offering it as an option and in time it lowered the standard for society because many men tend not to respect themselves any more than the women do these days.
Oh, yep, blame it on us women. We're ruining society and the world. Shame on us.

Grow up, dude. Responsibility falls on both sides of the relationship fence here. I think it a more fair, accurate and responsible strategy to place blame on individuals that deserve it, not indict an entire gender for the failings or choices of some.

Carry on.

Old 11-17-2019, 04:00 PM

1,417 posts, read 733,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Oh, yep, blame it on us women. We're ruining society and the world. Shame on us.
It is heartening that we were able to so readily come to agreement on this issue. : ) Next let us solve world hunger. - LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships