Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2019, 02:20 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times

Advertisements

Nothing easier to manipulate than a man whose brains are below his belt ask any sailor

Old 11-07-2019, 02:21 PM

4,021 posts, read 3,301,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
How so?

In fact, I've known some people to use innuendo talk when upon first meeting. Be it a bar or some social event...before even getting the digits. Some would consider that creepy, some may consider it part of the dating ritual...ie...building sexual tension. I don't even do that, but some men are ballsy enough to get gross in an initial email to a woman to right away talk dirty, or share dic pics.

I'm gentleman enough to wait long enough when I'm locked into a relationship with someone to do so. That said, how is that creepy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Those are not the kind who wait for a month!!

CREEPY. If someone is holding back on sex because they are NOT READY, they are even LESS ready for dirty talk and pushing it on them is creepy.
I see your point. This is creepy.

Old 11-07-2019, 02:44 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,033,417 times
Quote:
Wait for a month to do what? I said we dated for a month. I didn't wait a month. lol

Quote:
CREEPY. If someone is holding back on sex because they are NOT READY, they are even LESS ready for dirty talk and pushing it on them is creepy.
Whatever man, like a poster said earlier, it's incompatibility.

Old 11-07-2019, 02:48 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,033,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
I actually see what you are both saying. This has to do with a failure in sexual escalation. If a guy escalates too quickly either verbally and physically, a woman is creeped out.
In my case, I escalated physically. In fact, said woman and myself kissed on the first date (first meet), and had a make-out session on the 2nd.

When we were seeing each other multiple times a week, eventually I'd start throwing innuendo her direction...which was mostly met with silence.

In comparison to other women I've dated, they weren't inconsistent like this one. I recall one of the women I dated to make the first quip after we did some making out. Won't get into the details, but it was pretty graphic...something about covering up some evidence of our fooling around when we were going out in public. I joked with her and said, "Woah, slow your roll..! LOL"

That's the kind of woman I want.

Had I been a dude saying what she said, the women here would probably think, "CREEP!"

Old 11-07-2019, 02:59 PM

4,021 posts, read 3,301,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
In my case, I escalated physically. In fact, said woman and myself kissed on the first date (first meet), and had a make-out session on the 2nd.

When we were seeing each other multiple times a week, eventually I'd start throwing innuendo her direction...which was mostly met with silence.

In comparison to other women I've dated, they weren't inconsistent like this one. I recall one of the women I dated to make the first quip after we did some making out. Won't get into the details, but it was pretty graphic...something about covering up some evidence of our fooling around when we were going out in public. I joked with her and said, "Woah, slow your roll..! LOL"

That's the kind of woman I want.

Had I been a dude saying what she said, the women here would probably think, "CREEP!"

When there is a mismatch between verbal and physical escalation, usually there is a reason for it even if you aren't actually seeing it.

What I have found useful is to just check in with her emotionally. When I sing the praises of your monster boobs, I notice you seem less than enthusiastic about that, how come? If she is making out with you and continuing to see you, she likes you. But when she is going all silent on you, that is something to get curious about to find out why. It may not have anything to do with you, but some other stuff a past boyfriend said that makes her feel uncomfortable and she for whatever reason didn't bring it up in the moment because maybe she wants the make out session but doesn't want to ruin that moment.

But the silence especially repeated silences usually mean something.

Old 11-07-2019, 03:34 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Innuendo is fine, it happens not infrequently, but my policy is to not go there first. Let the lady drop the first double entendre, etc then riff off of that some. Much smoother time.

Old 11-07-2019, 05:01 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:

Thisssssssssssssss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Innuendo is fine, it happens not infrequently, but my policy is to not go there first. Let the lady drop the first double entendre, etc then riff off of that some. Much smoother time.

Amen.

Old 11-07-2019, 05:02 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
When there is a mismatch between verbal and physical escalation, usually there is a reason for it even if you aren't actually seeing it.

What I have found useful is to just check in with her emotionally. When I sing the praises of your monster boobs, I notice you seem less than enthusiastic about that, how come? If she is making out with you and continuing to see you, she likes you. But when she is going all silent on you, that is something to get curious about to find out why. It may not have anything to do with you, but some other stuff a past boyfriend said that makes her feel uncomfortable and she for whatever reason didn't bring it up in the moment because maybe she wants the make out session but doesn't want to ruin that moment.

But the silence especially repeated silences usually mean something.
Third time you've said this...Lol.

Old 11-07-2019, 05:31 PM

17,672 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
ThisTown123, I don't often agree with timberline742 but I think you'd be wise to adopt his policy of not going there first.

Old 11-07-2019, 05:47 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Agree with this one! Men should tread lightly on this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships