Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2019, 11:24 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,367,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
So another country is the logical place to look? I think it’s telling that he wants a different culture of women far away. There are plenty of women in the USA. .
I think people in other countries might be more inclined to marry, especially if they can come live in the US. That's one advantage of trying to find someone outside the USA. Of course, the person must be careful but really, anyone can walk away from a marriage. Whether they're an American or not. I married someone from another country and it's a very life enriching experience in some ways; you get to travel to the other person's country, quite frequently depending on how often they go visit their family; you get to experience a different culture. I found dating men from other countries to be easier than dating American men, not as many head games for one thing.

Old 11-08-2019, 12:43 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,828,500 times
So i guess it is weird for me at 37 to be dating a 58 yr old man?

Sexual issues did come into play,for example,he said he was nervous about pleasing me.

He said he does not have that issue with women his age.

This is his first time dating younger women.

I like the security,because i think older men are more likely to not cheat on women much younger than themselves?

Is it true?

Old 11-08-2019, 01:33 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,852,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
It can help, sure, but a swath of dyed hair doesn't magically make a woman look younger. Most often she just looks like an older woman with dyed hair.
Yeah. It can make a difference in perception from a distance, since color is associated with youth and grey/white is associated with age, but once you're up close, IMO people just look as old as they look, regardless of hair color. I actually think that hair that is damaged from repeated dying can be more aging than just having white/grey hair would be.

Don't get me wrong, some people (of any age) look better with dyed hair, if it's done well and is a more flattering shade than their natural hair color, but looking better and looking younger aren't really the same thing.

Old 11-08-2019, 07:02 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,367,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
No, not weird at all.

Old 11-08-2019, 07:26 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,713,267 times
Quote:

Sexual issues did come into play,for example,he said he was nervous about pleasing me.

I like the security,because i think older men are more likely to not cheat on women much younger than themselves?

Is it true?
Getting cheated on and left is not limited to people of specific ages. There are people in their 60s and 70s that still get divorced due to cheating. There are older spouses that cheat on their younger spouses as well. There is no guarantee with anyone.

Old 11-08-2019, 08:11 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,788,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I think people in other countries might be more inclined to marry, especially if they can come live in the US. That's one advantage of trying to find someone outside the USA. Of course, the person must be careful but really, anyone can walk away from a marriage. Whether they're an American or not. I married someone from another country and it's a very life enriching experience in some ways; you get to travel to the other person's country, quite frequently depending on how often they go visit their family; you get to experience a different culture. I found dating men from other countries to be easier than dating American men, not as many head games for one thing.
Exactly. Mod cut.I want someone who takes marriage seriously, as well as someone with integrity. I have yet to find her in my city. She may exist in another city , and if I could work remotely, I'd be gone. BUT I can't do that, so its come to this. I don't play games and I won't tolerate them or chase endlessly. Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-08-2019 at 08:28 AM.. Reason: Off-topic personal attacks.

Old 11-08-2019, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I think is generational, home training, and lack of modeling. I know some people of course claim the rise of feminism. That sounds a little iffy to me, but who knows.

There is also a cultural element as well. Not all nationalities have this same idea of "being a gentlemen" so this is not something they may pick up when moving to the US.

I also think we have moved into an era of instant gratification, and modern dating culture is governed by that. There is no time to differentiate yourself by your behavior and character because people aren't taking as much time to really "see" and get to know people before deciding.

We don't even dress to impress anymore for "the theater" (or a nice dinner and so on) is it any wonder gentlemanly behavior was discarded too?

TV gets the blame for everything, so we might as well include it here. Outside of shows like th Bachelor - can you think of anything that has any sort of "courting" plot line?

Also, this was a really interesting read - about the decline of sex scenes in movies because no one wants something R-rated. Remember like 15 years ago, every action movie would have some sort of gratuitous romantic plot line. Now those are basically all gone. Shoot, fight, solve the problem, movie is over!

So I think a range of things have merged and lead to this decline.
So well said!!!! You did a great job articulating what I've been trying to say on this board for years. Thank you!

Old 11-08-2019, 08:17 AM

20,747 posts, read 19,943,301 times
Quote:

Is it true?
yes, because their libido is low. There isn't enough juice for two (or even one usually) left.

Old 11-08-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
yes, because their libido is low. There isn't enough juice for two (or even one usually) left.
Umm, that depends on many things. If they take care of themselves there certainly is. I expect to be able to continue my current pace when I get to that age. There's plenty of ways to raise libido.

Old 11-08-2019, 08:25 AM

20,747 posts, read 19,943,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
No matter how far we travel, we cannot get away from ourselves. (Oneself.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Exactly. [Snip.] I want someone who takes marriage seriously, as well as someone with integrity. I have yet to find her in my city. She may exist in another city , and if I could work remotely, I'd be gone. BUT I can't do that, so its come to this. I don't play games and I won't tolerate them or chase endlessly. [Smip].
What Rbccl is trying to say - even if you bring home a wife from somewhere else, you are still you. With all the reasons why women in the US flake or reject you.

The women from overseas may marry you because you are American but your problems with yourself will not go away. A relationship will not cure your depression. You said your ex wife left you because you had issues - you still have those issues - that's why you have a hard time finding anyone here and that's why possibly even a foreign bride may leave you even if she initially loved you. Even if she doesn't leave - is it fair to expose her to all your known issues that you haven't addressed? You think someone who needs you has to stick with you no matter what. Your mental issues are not solved with a marriage. Only your loneliness will go away. The reasons why your ex left may be the reasons why your foreign wife will leave. You are just putting a band-aid on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.