Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 07:05 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble cake View Post
He was in the jewelry business. He sent pics of the cave where the jadeite was. The process of extracting it. After it was smelted. The polishing, the finished product all packed away and ready to export. He was in wholesale. He sent picks of the dinner party he went to. I’m telling you. I’m in absolute shock.
Lol, my best friend's mom was talking to the same guy! Or at least a guy with the same exact background story. This was like 6 years ago.

Here's the thing about romance scammers, they take a lot of time to come up with a back story and find pictures online which will back up their BS to ensure maximum believability in their mark. They're also very patient and will take their time setting up the scam. So it's really good that you came to the correct conclusion now rather than later, after sending you love savings like so many truly gullible and unfortunately easy to feel lonely women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2019, 07:07 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
I ran into a couple of these scammers on Facebook years ago. Some young aspiring model living with her uncle in Seattle, eating bread and water, daddy abandoned her, etc,Lol

I knew right off the bat what the deal is. It’s wasn’t long before they’re asking for money via western union under some dudes name in South Africa, lol. I’m like SURE! I don’t have cash but I’ll send over a big bag of Krugerrands. Lol.

Old 11-06-2019, 07:16 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,447,211 times
Quote:
He was in the jewelry business. He sent pics of the cave where the jadeite was. The process of extracting it. After it was smelted. The polishing, the finished product all packed away and ready to export. He was in wholesale. He sent picks of the dinner party he went to. I’m telling you. I’m in absolute shock.
Jadeite is not smelted.

Old 11-06-2019, 07:30 PM

1,417 posts, read 734,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
Please, post the alchemical formula !

They noticed the bulge in his pants was actually caused from a very thick wallet. And suddenly, bam, they went from hook-up girl to girlfriend as fast as their batting little eyes and sudden good girl routine could convert them.

Old 11-06-2019, 07:55 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,305,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
Please, post the alchemical formula !

On line dating is a misnomer. Its really just on line introduction, what matters is meeting offline as soon as possible. So if I had a match my first message was usually "happy hour, coffee or tacos"? Say she said Tacos, then I would reply Tuesday or Wednesday Night at 7? Say she agreed to Tues, then I said Well then its Tacos on me Tues@ 7pm @ taco Shop n my area at exact directions. Then I sent a confirmation text, the night before and another when I arrived. Then its mostly just a blind date in a Taco shop.

I am pretty good with people one on one. I hate texting. So my goal was to move as much of the dating process as possible offline as soon as possible. I didn't want to try to get to know someone via text.

Old 11-06-2019, 08:02 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,577,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
On line dating is a misnomer. Its really just on line introduction, what matters is meeting offline as soon as possible. So if I had a match my first message was usually "happy hour, coffee or tacos"? Say she said Tacos, then I would reply Tuesday or Wednesday Night at 7? Say she agreed to Tues, then I said Well then its Tacos on me Tues@ 7pm @ taco Shop n my area at exact directions. Then I sent a confirmation text, the night before and another when I arrived. Then its mostly just a blind date in a Taco shop.

I am pretty good with people one on one. I hate texting. So my goal was to move as much of the dating process as possible offline as soon as possible. I didn't want to try to get to know someone via text.

That’s how most meet on Tinder IMO....fast & to the point....from a picture.....that’s why it has the reputation it does....

Old 11-06-2019, 08:06 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
When I did OLD, I had a rule that I wouldn't date anyone who didn't live in my city and wouldn't agree to meet up with me, within about 2 weeks of contacting me. I never got scammed. I got married.

I had tons of men contact me from far away cities and even countries. I blocked them all.

Old 11-06-2019, 08:10 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,577,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
When I did OLD, I had a rule that I wouldn't date anyone who didn't live in my city and wouldn't agree to meet up with me, within about 2 weeks of contacting me. I never got scammed. I got married.

I had tons of men contact me from far away cities and even countries. I blocked them all.

Tinder is really not a dating site....it has a different reputation.....by that’s JMHO.....

It is rated on the “best hookup apps”.....giggles....

E d i t: you were smart Priscilla...meeting early on with someone you like ....& having your own rules for safety & to avoid being scammed..is so important....

Last edited by TashaPosh; 11-06-2019 at 08:25 PM..

Old 11-06-2019, 10:20 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,305,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
That’s how most meet on Tinder IMO....fast & to the point....from a picture.....that’s why it has the reputation it does....
I hear what you are saying. But dating also involves women. With grinder, I am fairly confident that most gay men using that app for sex have no problem getting it.

But women are not men. Most women are pretty security orientated which limits what risks they personally are willing to take. Women are also socially afraid of appearing to sl*t shame any other woman. So the language they use tends to be couched in terms to appear broadminded about promiscuity even if they are not so broadminded in their own personal life. What I am getting at is that most other women are much less promiscuous than most women believe. Now men tend to encourage women to assume that promiscuity is ubiquitous because it helps convince women to give up the goods now before some other girl does to lock down her man.

But my success on Tinder with women went up dramatically once I realized that it was still mostly women looking for relationships and not sex and treated it accordingly.

Old 11-06-2019, 10:27 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
I used to be a bit of a jade aficionado. I've never heard of Cypress as a source for jade, and googling it now, nothing comes up for "jade industry, Cypress" or "jade mines, Cypress".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships